AmTrust Cyber has an exciting opportunity to join its high-performing and dynamic team in a rapidly evolving and cutting-edge industry segment. The opportunity will involve underwriting both new and renewal business across a wide range of industry sectors to further the ongoing growth and profitability of the portfolio. The candidate will also have the opportunity to train, to market the product, to develop client relationships, to innovate and to contribute to the general success and shared goals of the team. The position will provide a platform for growth and development with excellent opportunities for further career advancement.
We seek someone who is capable of strategic analysis, creative in problem solving, highly self-motivated, adaptable to a changing marketplace, intellectually curious, detail-oriented, organized, articulate and personable, a team player, an enthusiastic learner, a collaborative contributor, a results-oriented achiever.
- Achieve individual and team premium and production goals balanced with maintaining target loss ratios.
- Demonstrate technical and strategic underwriting skills when assessing each submission for new and renewal cyber policies in all target business segments.
- Understand key underwriting considerations and distinguishing aspects of various types and sizes of risks ranging from small startups to large Fortune 500 companies.
- Manage new and renewal business processes including building submission pipelines, issuing quotes, binders and policies in a timely manner and maintaining frequent correspondence with brokers/agents.
- Proactively foster and develop positive relationships with key broker and agent partners and with internal stakeholders.
- Assist with administrative documentation of risks and ensure compliance with processes and procedures.
- Analyze technology trends and stay up to date with emerging risks to identify opportunities and exposures.
- Operate within the established underwriting authority and within the parameters of the underwriting guidelines.
- Collaborate with the team and other internal peers within other aligned business units to drive portfolio strategies.
- Enthusiastically participate in training initiatives and development opportunities to maintain and build product and industry expertise.
- Develop a deep understanding of our cyber products and underwriting processes and be able to identify and advocate for improvements
- 4-year degree BA/BS or equivalent education
- 2-4 years of experience underwriting/brokering Cyber/Tech E&O, or alternatively technical or consulting-related cybersecurity work experience, preferred
- Approximately 15% travel is anticipated
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.