Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 70 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
Customer Service Representative
Performs a variety of duties, including order verification and order entry. Be a customer liaison, responsible for promoting and maintaining positive customer relations. Responds to customer inquiries, regarding order and repair status; as well as, price and delivery inquiries. May interact with other departments to ensure delivery schedule. Examine warranty claims, handles customer returns and exchanges. This position requires the ability to follow company policies and procedures. Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Enter orders into ERP system with 24 hours of receipt of order with high accuracy levels.
- Provide quotations on standard and non-standard products utilizing tools or procedures. Offer complementary products where appropriate.
- Proactively provide customer support to key accounts within defined territory. Act as the customer advocate within the Thomson organization.
- Review and validate customer requests for credits/debits.
- Receive incoming calls with the goal of immediate resolution or re-direct call to appropriate associate to support service standards of 95%+ accessibility and first call resolution
- Promote/train distributors and customers in the use of self-service tools.
- Issue RMA's (Return Material Authorizations), interpret and quote repair policies and procedures. Follow-up and obtain approvals where needed.
- Work with Operations to expedite deliveries as required by customer.
- Maintain customer records in accordance with Thomson policy to include orders, credits and other customer facing documents.
- Promptly address customer issues or complaints with the assistance and or input of other internal associates.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
Job Requirements EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years' customer service experience is required. Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or related industry is preferred.
- Previous experience with SAP (ERP) preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
The ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, safety rules, quality instruction and process documentation, technical and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions verbally and in written form.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.