Cleans office buildings, laboratories, classrooms, and/or outside areas. Moves furniture, appliances and/or equipment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities Required
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, and polishes floors. Uses various tools, equipment, and cleaning materials to include, but not limited to hand and power scrubbing and polishing equipment, small and large vacuum cleaners, large commercial type buffer, broom, dust brush, dust pan, wet and dry mop, bucket mop wringer, special cleaning solution, and chemical cleaners.
- Cleans identified or assigned areas/spaces with required cleaners and disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans walls, windows, window blinds and shades, ceilings, and doors. May work from ladders or scaffolding.
- Replenishes towels, soap, toilet tissue, linen, and other supplies as required.
- Inspects exterior and interior of building for service issues and report all damages, malfunctions and needed repairs to supervisor.
- Removes trash from assigned areas. Moves furniture, miscellaneous equipment, supplies and/or recyclable materials, empties large and small trash containers, removes miscellaneous debris and discarded building materials such as broken plaster, wood, and brick.
- Removes recyclable materials and maintains appropriate separation.
- Transports biohazard containers to designated area.
- Removes snow, ice and debris from building entrances, sidewalks and other areas as required
- Maintains equipment and work areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Observes safety precautions and properly uses equipment and products.
- Sets up and removes furniture, miscellaneous equipment and supplies required for meetings and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year or more years of experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write such as to be able to read labels on cleaning and detergent materials, disinfecting solutions, and so forth.
- Ability to operate large powered vacuum cleaners, cleaning and buffing equipment.
- Ability to interact and/or work with faculty, students, staff, and visitors in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects and materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk or otherwise move about campus on a continuous basis.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs on a regular basis in order to sufficiently clean them.
- Valid Driver's license preferred.
Classified Title: Custodian
Working Title: Custodian
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 hour, increases to $17.33 after 12 months
Employee group: Casual status with full-time schedule during 90 day probationary period. 40 hour work week from start date.
Schedule: M-F 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10002573-SOM Admin Facilities Support Services
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-CUSTODIAN-MD-21205/820451200/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.