The Proactiv Company is a leader focused on the global consumer acne market. The Proactiv Company is a joint venture between Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company and Guthy-Renker LLC, a leading direct marketing company.
It unites Galderma's science-based innovation and expertise in dermatology with Guthy-Renker's consumer insights and digital expertise under the Proactiv brand, the world's leading non-prescription acne brand.
For more information, please visit www.proactiv.com
The Credit Supervisor will be responsible for handling and overseeing all aspects of AR including invoicing, payments, deductions, collections, monitoring order releases, supervising legal cases, assigning credit terms, assisting in month-end closing and motivating the Account Receivable team. This position will lead by example ensuring accuracy and efficiency throughout the accounts receivable process to achieve the company's goals for B2B and direct to consumer accounts.
- Supervise and lead accounts receivable team which includes determining customer methods of payments; posting customer remittances; creating, investigating and solving various customer deductions; maintaining the accuracy of the accounts receivable subledger to the general ledger, and monthly reporting. Other responsibilities include remediating slow paying customers; calculating and analyzing DSO; reconciling accounts with customers; processing monthly customer statements and proper escheatment to authorities. Achieve improvement in slow pays, and unearned discount.
- Provide management with timely reviews of accounts receivable and KPI status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Actively participate in Credit Committee. Presents agenda of concerning accounts and issues to the Credit Committee. Provides input into the calculation of allowances for doubtful accounts. Reviews whether the criterions of writing off bad debts are met.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and motivating the Accounts Receivable team with high volume transactions.
- Prepare, monitor and track invoicing for sales to assigned Distributors, Retailers; contact customers and work with as necessary to effect payment and resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensure payments and deductions are properly applied.
- Set up new customers, review credit, and resolve claims, short-pays, and chargebacks on assigned accounts.
- Prepare and maintain various reports.
- Run daily and weekly interface with Oracle receivable system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Five (5) years or more of experience with all aspects of Accounts Receivable is required.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Accounts Receivable system.
- Ability to lead and interact well with others to accomplish goals in an efficient manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and reconciliation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to resolve disputes and conflicts quickly and effectively including a track record of success working in a team-based environment.
- Prior accounting and big box retail or distributor experience.
- Experience in working with accounting and ERP systems.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of macros and credit card chargebacks for direct to consumer sales
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Other Important Information
- Ability to utilize Excel pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.