Incorporated in Texas in 1966, Bo-Mac originally focused on providing civil, pipeline and other construction services for the petroleum exploration industry.In 1974, pile driving capability was added and our primary market expanded to include construction related to the oil and gas refining industry and the petrochemical processing industry. Asphalt manufacturing and paving capabilities were added in 1985 with service primarily to the Texas Department of Transportation. Expansion continued in 1989 with the addition of marine piling and dock construction capabilities.
- Monitor training and certification of all Crane Operators and Supervisors responsible for cranes.
- Ensure crane specific procedures are available and reviewed by jobsite teams for all crane assembly and disassembly operations. Examples: changing crane configuration, raising or lowering crane mast and/or gantry, etc.
- Work closely with the Sr. Equipment Maintenance Manager regarding all maintenance procedures and frequency of maintenance on cranes.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with Shop Supervisor to assure all crane related repairs meet manufactures requirements and specifications.
- Review and be part of planning and approval team for all critical lifting activities.
- Review and be part of planning and approval, in accordance with 29 CFR 1926.1434, of all crane modifications, whether performed by company or outside parties.
- Assist the Safety Department in the development and communication of lifting policies and procedures.
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the lifting operations.
- Participate in investigations to determine causes of lifting accidents and near misses and to improve safety performance.
- Remain current with latest lifting technology systems and procedures.
- Maintain open dialogue with all department managers to coordinate activities and improve performance and productivity.
- Working knowledge of crane operations, load charts, critical lifts, crane functions and crane limitations.
- Working knowledge of computers and software packages including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient in organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to excel under pressure and to effectively handle urgent situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and to represent company in a professional, competent and courteous manner.
- Regular local travel to/from job sites along with some overnight travel
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Preference given to candidates with post-secondary education preferably in a construction industry or engineering related field. Preferred candidate will have operational and/or mechanical experience with mobile cranes utilized for civil, pile driving and marine construction activities.
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd.is an E-Verify employer and all candidates must be willing to submit to any job related background check, fitness for duty,and drug screen that are required during the hiring process.
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.