Manage and support inventory costing, analysis and reporting for assigned divisions. Scope of activities includes significant involvement in monthly and periodic financial reporting, cost analysis and analytics, the monthly close and year end process, and account reconciliation related to inventory and cost of goods sold accounts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate the development and analysis of standard product costs.
- Provide ongoing review and analysis of standard costs, manufacturing, and distribution transactions for accuracy and impact to product cost. Assist in execution of annual physical inventories if needed.
- Reconcile and research items in the goods receipt/invoice receipt account and work with the plants and accounts payable department on resolving outstanding discrepancies.
- Provide support, review, and analysis of ABC cycle counting for assigned locations.
- Assist in evaluation of inventory valuation methods to determine LIFO/FIFO impacts and the completion of year-end LIFO/FIFO work-papers. (Accountant III)
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of calculation of accruals (i.e. E&O inventory).
- Support corporate accounting, global operations, divisions, and subsidiary accounting groups as required.
- Participate in projects designed to improve efficiency of Cost Management department's to support Toro's annual initiatives.
- Assist in providing financial analyses and analytics to Divisional and Operations and Finance management to aid in decision making.
- Work with the divisions and plants regarding the plan for next fiscal year's standard cost and analysis of changes.
- Serve as key member of the team, including working cross-functionally with other members of the business to ensure proper accounting.
- Assist in monthly financial closing and reporting process, utilizing SAP and OneStream.
- Complete quarterly account reconciliations of certain general ledger accounts and assist in management of account reconciliation tool
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of assigned monthly/yearly journal entries.
- Assist in year-end audit work and assist internal and external audit teams as required.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental SOX 404 control procedures. Support the Internal Control group and external auditors in their testing of those controls as required.
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of SAP. Assist with testing of new functionality added to future upgrades as required. Maintain SAP costing and configuration tables, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties and special projects that may be assigned.
- Primary relationships with global operations, divisional finance, corporate accounting, corporate FP&A, internal & external auditors and tax accounting personnel.
- Hybrid working environment and at TTC locations.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-5+ years experience in finance or accounting roles
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Curious learner, self-starter with continuous improvement mind-set with project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships between Cost Accounting and other TTC departments.
- Knowledge/exposure to an enterprise wide ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), and reporting software experience such as One Stream preferred
- Limited travel required (less than 10%)
- Position sits at Bloomington MN site with hybrid flexibility #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.