Convocation Project Manager
As the #1 school of public health in the country and the oldest independent, degree-granting school of public health in the world, the Bloomberg School of Public Health offers unparalleled opportunities for mission-driven creative work at the highest levels.
We are seeking a Convocation Project Manager who is responsible for the successful launch and completion of the school's 2022 convocation ceremony, to be held on Saturday, May 21st. This position will reside in the Office of External Affairs and be responsible for creating and assigning a step-by-step schedule and coordinating efforts.
Under the direction of the Senior Administrator, the Convocation Project Manager will work closely with school leaders, faculty, and staff as well as colleagues in university events. The position may also work with external groups including consultants and vendors. This full-time position will last seven months (December 2021 - June 2022).
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, plan, and direct a timeline for convocation and ensure all details are carried out according to schedule
- Monitor for accuracy, charges being applied to the JHSPH budget from the University's central Commencement Management that's overseeing the graduation ceremonies for the Divisions
- Create RFPs to ensure the most competitive contracts with all vendors
- Chair the Grad Group commencement committee
- Implement and manage emergency event procedures
- Recruit, assign, train and manage staff volunteers which entail conducting training sessions (if needed) and creating instructions and volunteer assignment documents
- Arrange and contract transportation for faculty and guests (if needed)
- Ensure scripts and detailed instructions for use by the dean and other principles, including marshals have been created
- Plan and schedule rehearsal for principles
- Coordinate ceremony procession and recessional with volunteer coordinators
- Work effectively with internal teams, both at the School and University, such as security, parking, custodial services, communications and marketing, alumni relations, and student affairs/registrar
- Meet with university events team to communicate plans and coordinate with the event production company
- Initiate and lead an internal kick-off meeting to bring all responsible parties together
- Lead and conduct periodic project review meetings for work progress and deadline status checks
- Publish and distribute periodic project status reports to ensure the various groups are advised of schedules and progress
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Circulate follow-up documents that outline roles and responsibilities, follow up with team leads to ensure tasks are on track.
- Trouble shoot during convocation ceremony, when needed, to ensure event runs smoothly
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Three years related work experience required
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- This position requires a highly organized individual with excellent written and oral communication skills, intense attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, is deadline driven, and can set priorities for self and others
- Familiarity with and the ability to maintain work within a project management/tracking system is required
- The successful candidate for this position will meet with colleagues across the school and university and must be able to move around the campuses
- This position requires a professional manner, the ability to effectively function in an extremely fast-paced environment
- All applicants are expected to uphold the university's core values which includes diversity and inclusion
- In the Office of External Affairs, all staff treat people with dignity and respect by being fair and consistent
- We demonstrate an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their race, gender, age, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status or other characteristics
- We show respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourage and promote practices that support cultural diversity; and discourage behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds
Classified Title: Project Manager External Affairs
Working Title: Convocation Project Manager
Starting Salary Range: $51,210 - $70,480 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Limited
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Public Health
Department name: External Affairs
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Convocation-Project-Manager-MD-21205/822561000/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.