At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls Technicians:
- Trane is recognized world wide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
In this position you will be installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control systems. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of electronics (board level troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and building control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Setup the graphical interface and network connections for the controls.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer's location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings, plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program the system.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and documents all related activities.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in HVAC/Controls or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software. Network/IT experience highly desired
- Previous background in-process controls with experience in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Previous background in programming, commissioning, and startup of Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, or Tridium/Niagara based controls systems highly desired.
- Control integration experience with LON, BacNet, Modbus, OPC, or XML a plus
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with a handheld computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share a passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.