DJJ, a division of Nucor Corporation, is seeking applicants for our Controller position. DJJ is a world leader in scrap metal recycling, trading, and transportation. We have relationships with scrap metal businesses around the world. Founded in 1885, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, and the principles of integrity and respect. We're recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong, and environmentally proactive. Our parent company Nucor Corporation is a Fortune 100 company, known for being North America's leader in designing, manufacturing, and recycling steel and steel products with a history of long-term sustainability and stability. Fortune Magazine recently ranked Nucor No. 1 on their list of the World's Most Admired Companies in our industry. The key to Nucor's success is that we care about the safety and well-being of our teammates and customers, the health and protection of our environment, and the relationships we establish in the communities where we live and work. At the heart of every Nucor division are the dedicated people who make up our team. We are seeking a creative, motivated, and dedicated teammate to join our DJJ team. We offer you a challenging and rewarding work environment where you can contribute to the success of over 30,000 Nucor teammates
SOME OF THE BEST BENEFITS IN THE BUSINESS
Medical and dental are just the beginning. We value our teammates and offer benefits packages that also include a bonus program, profit sharing, retirement savings, vacation and holiday pay, scholarship and tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth potential. We strive to avoid implementing layoffs or furloughing our teammates. We strongly believe that a Nucor teammate who does their job properly today, should feel confident that they will have a job tomorrow.
This opportunity also will provide:
- Paid company training and travel, including mileage
- Bonus structure
- Profit sharing
- Retirement savings
- Scholarship and tuition reimbursement
- Unlimited growth potential
- Holiday pay
For more information on our benefits go to Nucor.com/benefits.Basic Job Functions (Section 1):Organization Design and Alignment
Basic Job Functions (Section 2):Financial
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, and traininginitiatives to support the organization's day-to-day operational and strategic needs.
- Acts as the catalyst in the promotion and development of an environment that recognizes/rewards creative and innovative thinking, which enhances overall business performance.
- Administers and oversees DJJ's operational units including: Accounting and related Financial Reporting, Legal, and Human Resources functions.
- Actively engages with senior management as a change agent in the provision of solutions that support organizational and cultural cohesion and enhance overall business performance.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends, including the review of internal data to optimize business outputs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and think strategically.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral; ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive approach in identifying critical work needs and taking on the challenge of addressing those needs.
- Lead and manage the company's efforts regarding matters of equity and fairness for all employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven record of demonstrating a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job.
- Proven ability to act and lead with courage, develop an entire team, build trust, and live the Nucor culture.
- Develops strategic plans for new acquisitions, new capacity, and/or new capabilities needed for continuous improvement of operations.
- Ensures internal financial controls are in place that maintains financial compliance regarding both budget and corporate oversight.
- Ensures sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Collaborates and advises Nucor corporate on financial and related audit matters.
- Manage and disseminate all financial reports that satisfy the business unit's fiduciaryresponsibility to Nucor Corporate.
- Leads the monthly closing process and consolidation of client division's financial results. Ensures accurate and timely reporting and consolidation for monthly actual results, forecasts, and budgets.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with internal and external business constituents.
- Serve as the point of contact for coordination with client company business units.
- Maintains effective working relationships with business partners controllers and key financial staff.
- Possesses general business, manufacturing and trading supply chain knowledge with an understanding of how DJJ & Nucor makes money.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of eight years experience in financial-related positions.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Certification and/or master'sdegree.
- Operations and manufacturing experience.
- Experience in public accounting.