The North America Accounting team in seeking a controller for our Logan Aluminum facility, a joint venture of Novelis, located in Russellville, KY. This role is responsible for the month end close process of our joint venture. The role will be the main point of contact for the joint venture. This role is also responsible for tracking expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and prepares requisitions for approval for all new fixed asset additions and retirements related to the joint venture.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Responsibilities & QualificationsQualifications
- Prepares month-end journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations via Blackline and variance analysis.
- Consolidates and analyzes financial and operational information in accurate and timely manner using HFM.
- Understands process flows of the North America plants, the complexity of North America product portfolio and manufacturing processes to enable sound information flow for decision making.
- Supports internal audit requests.
- Generates annual standard costing reports for the joint venture.
- Helps coordinate annual physical inventory counts of fixed assets for joint venture.
- Drives improvement, build efficiencies in current processes, and leverages the ERP system to close the gaps.
- Understands operational and SOX controls applicable to area and leads SOX meetings with SOX accountant to discuss the applicability and appropriateness of how the control functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting required; CPA or CPA Track Preferred. Master's Degree a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with emphasis on sustained accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to travel to plant locations - 10%
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Standard cost experience is a plus
- SAP, Oracle or similar ERP system
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (excel such as pivot table, V-lookup, word, access and power point)
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training, are without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local laws.Location Profile
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
This job has expired.