Johns Hopkins University Research Administration is seeking a Contracts Associate who will manage a grant and contract portfolio of activities within the Johns Hopkins University Research Administration purview.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Review, write and negotiate favorable agreement terms and conditions with domestic and foreign sponsors, for all agreement types, including but not limited to Research Agreements, Service Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements. Draft replacement language where needed.
- Serve as liaison to funding agencies for pre-award problem resolution, and post-award matters.
- Will also provide oversight and approval for proposal development and submission.
- Provide advice and counsel to faculty and staff during proposal preparation stage.
- Review proposals for completeness and compliance.
- Serve as signature authority for electronic proposals.
- Submit electronic proposals and assist with problems.
- Review contract or grant submission documents with faculty to advise on submission strategy and to prepare documentation.
- Take active role in supporting the Office of Research Information Services in supporting users of research administration software.
- Understand and become knowledgeable in areas of research compliance in order to advise and guide faculty and staff.
- Support effective, on-going training programs for all key positions and processes supporting research administration.
- Responsibilities include acting as office liaison to ensure effective performance and integration of the office with regard to the University compliance, information technology, central JHU Technology Ventures and post award budget offices.
- Contribute to an office work environment focused on providing excellent customer service and seeking continuous process improvement, including cross training in a variety of functional areas for the purpose of job enrichment and expanding knowledge of research administration.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Three years demonstrated experience in sponsored project activities at a university, state or federal agency, legal private practice or similar environment.
- Grants and contracts administration including electronic research administration software and agency systems, knowledge of FARs (Federal Acquisition Regulations), Responsible Conduct of Research and compliance issues related to sponsored research.
- Knowledge of legal principles of negotiation.
- Specific experience in contracting.
- A high degree of independence and judgment required.
- JD may substitute for experience.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced degree in related field or JD.
- Additional experience and/or education, especially related to clinical trials, sponsored research, contracting, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Intellectual property management and technology transfer.
- Experience with SAP and Coeus software.
- Requires a detail-oriented person that is well-organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while operating under deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle ambiguity and exercise judgment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work experience should demonstrate ability to conceptualize how to find solutions and reach consensus and to complete complex tasks efficiently.
Classified Title: Contracts Associate
Starting Salary Range: $69,830 - $95,960 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: Research Administration Ofc of
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Contracts-Associate-MD-21218/821976500/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.