The Office of Research Administration is seeking a Contract Associate who reviews, negotiates and drafts research contracts, including materials transfer agreements, confidentiality/disclosure agreements, data use agreements, collaboration agreements and other contracts as assigned, in accordance with University and School of Medicine policies and guidelines.
The Contract Associate will review contracts for completeness and compliance, and draft original contracts as needed, participate in the training/guidance of school and health system staff and faculty in research compliance, and assist senior staff in negotiations, drafting, and processing of complex sponsored research agreements and confidential disclosure agreements.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required; JD preferred. JD may substitute for experience.*
- Three years' experience with drafting and negotiation of research-related documents in a sponsored research environment or similar contracting activities is required.
- Additional experience and/or education preferred, especially related to clinical trials, sponsored research, contracting, and/or regulatory compliance.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Successful candidates must be very organized, able to spot legal issues, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and references should demonstrate past performance effectiveness.
- Must be self-confident, articulate and oriented to assisting the faculty to succeed.
Classified Title: Contracts Associate
Starting Salary Range: $69,140 - $95,005 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Admin Res General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Contract-Associate-MD-21205/822410700/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.