The Altra Business System Leader (ASBL) directly supports Altra's efforts to drive a culture of continuous improvement. This role has responsibility for managing kaizen events and other improvement activities as dictated by Policy Deployment, Model Value Stream, and Daily Management. The ABSL will also take a leading role in developing the organization's breadth and depth in ABS tools with a focus on building problem-solving capability. This leader will also manage key projects involving cross-functional teams to support strategic initiatives and key development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and/or coordinate local training in ABS tools to deepen organization's understanding and capability.
- Act as change agent in challenging existing approaches and performance.
- Support Model Value Stream planning and development (Vision and Challenges) and execution on supporting A3's.
- Oversee the success of the kaizen events, including:
- Planning of events with a dynamic funnel process tied to Policy Deployment/Model Value Stream and Daily Management
- Event execution; and sustainment of kaizen event results
- Provide direct support for Team Leader Development Program and other leadership development efforts.
- Assist other Altra businesses and Corporate ABS Team in the development and implementation of ABS tools and processes such as policy deployment, bowlers, KPI's, and action plans.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Creative and progressive thinker with excellent interpersonal skills (positive, persuasive, motivating) and able to communicate effectively with others at all levels in the organization, in verbal or written form.
- Ability to analyze problems, propose solutions, test theories, research alternatives and reach conclusions. Skilled in collaborative problem solving.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize activities to achieve short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to change.
- Team player who can build partnerships while leading cross functional teams.
- Self-motivation, drive, energy, and resilience.
- Outstanding group facilitation, training, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation. Up to 25% travel - domestic and global.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- B.S. degree in business, engineering, operations, supply chain; will consider others bachelor's degrees
- 5+ years of related experience in manufacturing, operations, continuous improvement, or other related experience.
- 3+ years working experience with lean, ABS or other forms of Toyota Production System or ACE mastery.
Jacobs Vehicle Systems (JVS) is a heavy-duty manufacturing facility. As such, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas within the facility.
Given the scope of responsibility and assignment, employees may be exposed to any of the following conditions:
Extensive sitting or standing; climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and other substantial movements for up to 8 hours per day, not including potential voluntarily overtime; loud noises; exposure to oils, coolants, fumes, odors and other potential hazardous chemicals and materials. Employees are required to have visual acuity to support the basic functions of the role as defined above.
JVS adheres to all required standard procedures to ensure the safety of its employees.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.