The Continuous Improvement Analyst within Data Stewardship (DS) for Data & Analytics (D&A) is accountable for collaborating with the head of DS and the DS Leadership team to facilitate determination and prioritization of data strategies and solutions across R&D, Commercial, and Corporate domains.
The position will function as an internal consultant to identify and recommend short- and long-term strategies for DS with the goal of facilitating progress and increasing connectivity and collaboration across the DS organization.
The CI Analyst must be comfortable interacting with key stakeholders across R&D, Commercial, and Corporate functions, aiding in standing up new enterprise capabilities, and mentoring senior and junior staff.
Reporting to the Head of DS, this leader will build effective relationships with key stakeholders to understand data needs and challenges in order to inform changes to existing data solutions and strategies or to recommend new innovative data solutions.
- Critically evaluate individual processes and projects and synthesize insights to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Troubleshoot areas of challenge to determine root cause and make recommendations
- Partner with leads on key projects and collaborate with head of DS and DS Leadership team ensure operational cohesiveness and connectivity across key projects/capabilities
- Proactively identify cross capability business/technical/operational risks
- Ensure new processes/technical implementation of key projects is consistent and aligned with DS vision
- Partner with DS Leadership team to aid them in achieving their objectives and resolve cross capability CI issues escalated from Business Partners or DS Team members
- Provide progress reports to DS Leadership and oversee periodic updates to the DS Roadmap
- Function as a knowledge base and resource to project teams
- Model and coach engagement best practices that enable thought partnership and engender a collaborative environment with robust debate; Furthering the partnership and impact of Data Stewardship at Otsuka
- Foster a culture that focuses on the achievement of goals and personal accountability through partnership, monitoring to the plan and the celebration of achievements
- Fosters a culture that embraces the strategic use of data into decision making enabling greater business outcomes
- Accountable for ensuring collaborations and communications with key stakeholders of Data Stewardship
- Model the balance of innovation and intellectual curiosity with discipline and structure
- Is a champion of value-add change and evolution and is able to inspire and motivate others
Education / Experience
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical industry within data operations/data management/analysis & reporting environments.
- Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills to foresee obstacles and make strategic decisions
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement best practices and ability to identify challenge areas and recommend solutions
- Knowledge of data related pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Experience driving large, complex change eﬀorts and to drive results through inﬂuence, persuasion and relationships
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to take charge and provide direction
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to build cooperative and constructive working relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Assesses quickly with a track record of getting up to speed and adding immediate value to new situations.
- Ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties.
- Inﬂuencing and negotiation skills.
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needs.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 8-10 years data related experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise related to data operations/data management/analysis & reporting within the pharmaceutical industry
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.