A full-time Content & Web Developer position to develop, modify, and edit customer-facing website content (manuals, technical notes, HTML Help, datasheets) and maintain Kollmorgen online support community. Work includes new website features, updates and improvements, moderate/facilitate forum discussion, post software/firmware updates and maintain website technical documentation repository. You will also be responsible for generating content and graphics.
You will work directly with Engineering and Customer Support teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of products, technologies, and branding standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, edit, and publish content for software and hardware products for Kollmorgen website.
- Support the Kollmorgen online community with content updates, new web features, and moderation of the Kollmorgen Developer Network.
- Work directly with engineers to document facilitate and post new content
- Create Online Help for various GUIs and print-friendly PDF documents from a single-source.
- Create and edit graphics, diagrams, and optimize digital photos for print and web media.
- Create how-to videos and screencasts to convey technical concepts.
- Utilize continuous improvement to refine workflows for improving the development cycle of documentation.
- Utilize project management for tracking projects.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout and user interface to relational database structures.
- Customer focus utilizing UX centered and responsive design techniques.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Subversion and Git version control, and Microsoft IIS is preferred.
- Proficiency with TargetProcess project management solutions or similar tools. Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to comprehend high-level technology concepts and make them understandable in text and graphics.
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. In addition, you must be able to organize and maintain a library of data and graphics.
- Experience with content strategy and writing content for localization a plus.
- Familiarity with motion control technology, software development, Visual BASIC, motion control, servo closed-loop control, I/O devices, and networks is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 4-years' experience in content writing, web development, marketing, or media arts.
- Proficiency with Madcap Flare CMS or similar tools.
Internal: Engineering Team, Applications Engineering Team, Kollmorgen Marketing Team
External: Customer and some vendor interaction.TRAVEL:
Occasional travel may be required, less than 10% - possibly international. Travel to Europe may be necessary.
**Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.