Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Education practice offers consulting services and technology solutions that help schools, school districts, and state education agencies/ministries of education to promote student success, improve programs and processes, and optimize financial resources. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/education/.
PCG is currently seeking an Educational Services Consultant to work in our Harrisburg, PA office. For the right motivated individual, there is an excellent opportunity for career development and advancement. Consultants work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced environment as part of a growing team consisting of consulting and operations staff. This position revolves around technology, policy and financial management functions. Consultants are vital in achieving stated business objectives. Responsibilities include leading current projects and working with project managers to develop new business in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The team's goal is to provide superior service to school districts of various sizes and State Agencies in the areas of special education management systems, data warehousing, federal claiming, and other School-Based reimbursement programs. Consultants play a key role in assisting in the development of the firm's growing Education Services practice area.
- Assist proposal teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
- Lead clients through implementation and training processes for our web-based technologies.
- Help lead Business Development efforts.
- Prepare materials for training seminars and sales presentations.
- Present at conferences/seminars/trainings.
- Provide assistance in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
- Serve as an internal consultant to other projects or product lines.
- Serve as a key contact for ongoing communications with clients.
- Work on complex IT projects and in database management systems to organize and store.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with local school districts and their administrators.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff.
- Data processing and analysis.
- Assist with preparation of other written reports and materials for clients.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and confidently lead.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
- Strong analytical and financial data analysis skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
- Research and project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office products, particularly PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- School system experience in the areas of administration, information technology, and finance or business operations is highly desirable.
- Proven project management background and experience a plus.
- Medicaid claiming, schools (K-12) and/or special education experience a plus.