A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for CapEx and Capacity Planning, the Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing and completing projects throughout the Jaffrey site related to new construction, facilities, and equipment onboarding. The Construction Project Manager works as a collaborative team member on project scoping, URS development, release for proposals, vendor selection, validation, and project supervision with the overall objective of driving high quality business results.
Who You Are:Minimum qualifications:
- Lead, manage and develop high-level construction and equipment projects
- Lead project teams through inception, scoping, URS development, RFP, vendor selection, and release to manufacturing.
- Provide organizational support to EHS, facilities, and engineering groups through validation and factory acceptance tests.
- Work collaboratively with industrial engineering to understand the needs of the site's manufacturing departments.
- Provide support to facilities and engineering after projects RTM, including follow up and closure of project IOU's.
- Ensure timely communication of critical issues regarding project schedule and cost is provided to plant and business management.
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA) a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing setting with proven track record of successful project closure and performance
- Experience driving successful projects that have resulted in favorable business outcomes
- Experience working with EHS, facilities, and internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding and experience with OSHA, ISO & FDA regulations
- Black Belt or Green Belt a plus
- Occasional travel to other domestic locations may be required (< 10%)
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence in a matrixed environment
- Proven strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate clearly up and down
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to manage in a complex and fast paced environment. Able to prioritize workload effectively to drive project focus
- Requires confidence and experience to drive effective, pragmatic and risk-based decisions
- High intellectual horsepower and proven problem-solving ability. Strong decision maker
- Collaborative and motivated team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219040
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time