PLZ Corp is the North American leader in specialty aerosol and liquid product manufacturing. The PLZ family of companies specializes in the development, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of a comprehensive line of contract fill, branded and private-label products. We formulate, blend, fill and package more than 2,500 branded and private label products including cleaners and polishers, industrial solvents, lubricants and degreasers, adhesives, sanitary supply disinfectants, insecticides, air fresheners, and personal care products for home and industrial use.
We are hiring a Compounder/Blender Operator (Paint Processing Technician) to support our facility located in Germantown WI. The Paint Processing Technician is responsible for providing a continuous flow of product to the aerosol processing line and packaging department. This includes the safe handling of hazardous materials and area equipment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs batch let-down and mixing procedures in accordance with computer generated job formula. Provides the production line personnel with a smooth and continuous flow of product while adhering to required special instructions as printed on the job formula.
- Responsible for scanning production schedule and bringing resins and paints in from outside during cold weather two to three days ahead of scheduled due dates
- Prepares batches of paint and related products in accordance with computer printed formulations and production schedules.
- Keeps Plant Supervisor informed of any and all changes to the daily production schedule on an "as occurs basis."
- Prepares production test cans prior to processing on the aerosol line. Checks for proper filtering. Applies eight point performance characteristic test for hiding, leveling, sag resistance, atomization, flocculation, surface tension, bubbling and blushing.
- Responsible for the clean-up and set-up of scheduled jobs, including cleaning of mixing tanks, flushing of product lines and setting up the next job. Some tank require offline cleaning at supervisory discretion.
- Communicates to production line filler any special instructions that may apply to that department. This includes, but is not limited to, special clean-up requirements.
- Handles hazardous waste in accordance with established procedures as outlined in the Hazardous Waste Manual.
- Maintains all bulk retains, which includes proper labeling, filing, documentation and purging of aged retains.
- Advises Plant Supervisor of the need to replenish area consumable supplies such as gloves, filters, containers, etc.
- Performs various set up and line conversions as required, along with troubleshooting support as needed.
- Performs various duties relative to end-of-day plant shutdown procedures as outlined in the Company's "Close-up List".
- Performs other related duties and assists other departments as assigned.
- Unloads solvent, resin, tank deliveries as needed.
- Assists in rotating on production line during breaks/lunches as needed. Assists other depts when need arises.
- Available and willing to work overtime as needed in immediate area or in other areas of the company.
- Creates a positive culture in words/actions so as to increase respect/teamwork throughout the company.
- HS diploma or GED required. Some college or technical schooling preferred
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Good math and basic computer skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and able to troubleshoot
- Team player with a 'can-do' attitude
If you'd like to learn more about who we are and what we do, check out our "We are PLZ Aeroscience" video on Youtube (1 minute long):
This job has expired.
As a matter of policy and practice, PLZ recruits, hires, and trains people for all jobs without regard to their race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity (including transgender status), age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic history or information, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.