The Compensation Manager leads the implementation, communication and administration of domestic and international compensation programs, policies and practices to ensure they are cost-effective, internally equitable, externally competitive and compliant with all applicable regulations. This position serves as the subject matter expert for Compensation Processes & Systems. Provides comprehensive analytical support for the design and administration of compensation programs, position evaluations, salary recommendations, and other detailed research projects. Supporting the business through data integrity, testing, reporting, and process improvement opportunities.
Critical success factors for this role include: Solid Microsoft Office skills, strong organizational and time management skills. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills along with a strong attention to detail and good business judgment. Ability to work on large global projects. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Lead planning, administration and communication of compensation programs and practices for multiple functions, businesses and/or geographies: complete job evaluations, perform market and regulatory analyses, make salary recommendations, ensure consistency with global compensation philosophy and compliance with corporate approval guidelines.
- Creates and maintains compensation process documentation
- Provides accurate and timely information and escalates when necessary
- Recommends revisions to programs and processes to enhance efficiency, cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness and support of business objectives
- Prepares reports and presents findings and recommendations to the Compensation director and other company leaders
- Develops ad-hoc reports for Compensation when needs extend beyond the standard reports provided by HRIM
- Provides Compensation support for "Compensation assigned" fields in the HCM and other HCM Modules
- Collaborates with HRIM staff to plan, modify and customize the HCM to provide compensation support
- Prepares training materials, guides, and documentation for compensation processes
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in compensation tool providers, vendors, and technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education/Degrees: Four year degree required or equivalent relevant experience
Years of Experience: At least five or more years of experience in Compensation, Human Resources Information Systems or IT background.
Special skills: Excellent PC skills; must be proficient in Word and Excel. Experience with MarketPay, SAP, SuccessFactors and Lawson is a plus. Position requires excellent math aptitude and analytical ability; excellent English grammar and composition skills; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and to deal tactfully, discreetly and effectively with all employees, including officers of the company.
- Incumbent needs high attention to detail to accurately coordinate all employee personnel and payroll data. Position requires ability to effectively organize and plan administrative activities and to manage time effectively.
- Incumbent must be able to maintain confidentiality of information regarding employees, compensation information.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: