Community Outreach Specialist
The Department of Community Programs is seeking a part-time bilingual Community Outreach Specialist who will be hired for this project. They will have background knowledge of health promotion in the Korean community and experience working with health systems and local health departments. This individual will assist the PI and Co-Investigators in the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of Korean American older adults in the Greater Washington Metropolitan Areas for the project.
The Community Outreach Specialist will also coordinate community-based hearing screening activities by ensuring effective communication via phone, mail, Zoom, or community site visits. They will meet weekly with the PI and the study team to discuss community outreach and recruitment activities in the past week or in upcoming weeks, based on activity logs.
This position will be supervised by the Hopkins School of Nursing PI. This job requires strong outreach skills, knowledge about the target community, social network, and attention to detail, and would ideally require a 1-year commitment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead study outreach events which include evenings and weekends
- Establish rapport with community members
- Provide general information regarding the project to community members
- Respond to inquiries about the project, including face-to-face, over the phone/text, and web-based conversations
- Provide information about the study, schedule and coordinate hearing screening events and follow-up data collection appointments, make outreach and data collection schedule reminder calls and emails, prepare outreach and follow-up data collection materials
- Monitor recruitment and retention of project participants
- Document outreach and follow-up activities and enter data as appropriate in a timely, accurate, and comprehensive manner per project protocol
- File, retrieve, and maintain participant records
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Perform all work activities per established protocols and procedures
- Attend meetings and trainings
- Maintain confidentiality of all participants in accordance with employers' procedures
- With appropriate training as needed by employer, conduct data collection in community-based settings
- Any other duties at the discretion of the manager or PI of the project
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 2 years related experience
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula*
- Experience working with and/or is from the target immigrant community
- Valid references from previous job/volunteer experience
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be willing to travel throughout the state of Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia
- Experience working with Korean immigrant older adults and their caregivers
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Bilingual skills (English and Korean)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Motivated and self-directed with ability to work collaboratively with other study staff
- Must have own transportation to travel around the study areas and be comfortable working in the field, including interacting regularly with older adults with hearing impairment and their caregivers about health related subject matters
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with clinical studies or trials and IRB procedures a plus
- Able to lift tabling and event material
Classified Title: Community Outreach Specialist
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: Mon - Fri
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Nursing
Department name: Community Programs
Personnel area: School of Nursing
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Community-Outreach-Specialist-MD-21205/821569700/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.