The Community Mental Health Liaison is responsible for the coordination of services for individuals with behavioral health needs or conditions who have come to the attention of law enforcement and court personnel. The clientele served would be located within a specific service area and would manifest complex mental health needs that are either unmet or are poorly coordinated. The Community Mental Health Liaison is a part of a person-centered integration team and works with local systems to coordinate care for individuals experiencing behavioral health crises.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
Priority responsibilities of working with local systems would include but, would not be limited to:
• Coordinate services and develop local systems of care for individuals with behavioral health needs who have come to the attention of law enforcement officials and court staff.
• Participate on local law enforcement Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT) or other initiatives that assist law enforcement in dealing with individuals with behavioral health needs.
• Collaborate with local partners in Mental Health Courts or other specialty or diversion courts assisting individuals with behavioral health needs.
• Provide or coordinate training and consultation on behavioral health issues for law enforcement and court staff as needed.
• Assist local ACI teams, along with courts, law enforcement or other entities in assessing individuals with behavioral health needs and accessing needed resources and services for such persons.
• In coordination with the ACI, assist law enforcement and the courts in locating inpatient psychiatric beds for court-ordered involuntary detentions and in filing petitions for involuntary detention with the probate court for those individuals who present a likelihood of serious harm due to a mental disorder
• Complete all mandatory documentation, as noted by supervisor
• Act as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief Clinical Officer of Access and Urgent Care Services
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
Operating vehicles or machinery
QUALIFICATION(S): DESIRED DEMONSTRATED KEY COMPETENCIES
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Readiness
• Collaborative Relationships
• Conflict Resolution
• Creative Thinking
• Communication – Oral
• Communication – Written
• Decision Making
• Empowers Others
• Flexible Thinking
• Forward Thinking
• Organizational/Time Management
• Problem Solving
• Risk Management/ Assessment
• Strategic Thinking
Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field reqiured
QUALIFICATION(S): WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
At least two (2) years clinical experience required
LPC or LCSW preferred
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.