EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT (IN-EXEC-IUINA)
We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
For information about the department, please visit: IUPUI Chancellor's Office.
- Focuses on creating and sharing content with a variety of audiences using a variety of platforms.
- Assists the Director of Communications with communication related to and in support of the IUPUI Strategic Plan.
- Tells compelling stories in a range of styles including, writing and producing content for specific audiences including parents, current students, faculty, alumni, employees, and campus supporters and friends.
- Manages a variety of stewardship and engagement activities within the Office of the Chancellor, including but not limited to regular updates to key stakeholders, correspondence, and event planning.
- Assists the Director of Communication in conducting background research and preparing material related to the Chancellor's presentations and remarks.
- Creates and shares original content that represents the Chancellor's Office in collaboration with the Director of Communication and the Multimedia Communication Specialist.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Communication and the Multimedia Communication Specialist to develop print, email, and social media campaigns, mailings, advertisements, and other appropriate marketing materials in support of IUPUI campus-wide initiatives. This may include drafting content for newsletters, websites, correspondence, and mass emails; copyedits print and web content; generates regular updates to Chancellor's Office print material, including but not limited to brochures, posters, and flyers; and arranges the delivery of said materials through mass mailings, and other digital delivery vehicles.
- Serves as project manager for Chancellor's Office communication projects, including tracking projects, overseeing and assisting others with the Campus Events Calendar, managing databases and mailing lists that provide infrastructure for distribution of materials via direct mail as well as e-mail.
- Conducts research and assists Director of Communication in preparing the Chancellor for public presentations, including but not limited to gathering information from on- and off-campus sources upon which the Director of Communication may draw in drafting presentation material; reviewing briefing material related to events; and providing support in the creating of presentation material such as PowerPoints and remarks.
- Assists in planning and organizing Chancellor's Office events in coordination with other campus event planners.
- Independently creates basic and complex communications for print and e-distribution on behalf of department or functional area within department and in support of departmental goals and objectives; communications may be interdepartmental; staff, faculty, or student-focused; or external.
- Responds to inquiries and requests and explains policies, procedures, and context of communications.
- Manages relationships with various internal and external stakeholders and creates communications coverage for relevant initiatives, events, and programs.
- Prepares communications timelines and shares progress of communications toward relevant deadlines with manager, team members, and other relevant constituents.
- Regularly monitors relevant social media and news sites; researches relevant subject matter to increase knowledge in area(s) of specialty.
- Utilizes various communications software programs and delivers communications in multiple formats to a variety of audiences.
- May provide guidance to lower-level Communications Generalists.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, public relations, or related field
WORK EXPERIENCE Required
- 2 years in relevant field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 3 years of professional experience in communications, publications, marketing, or media relations in higher Education
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and PC/Mac applications
- Understanding of print and web production processes
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Additional Information
This work will be done predominantly in the office using regular office computing software and interfacing with IU templates.Work Location
Indianapolis, IndianaAdvertised Salary
Salary range: $61,000 - $71,063 a yearBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Job Family: Communications Generalist
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.