Position Title: Commercial Sales Manager
Location: Dallas, TX/New Jersey
Digital Realty is seeking to add to our growing sales team of Commercial Sales Managers responsible for sourcing, developing and growing sales opportunities for our global colocation and interconnection services. The Commercial Sales Manager will actively prospect and manage an assigned account based to identify customers business need/challenges and propose technical solutions that support growth and long-term business relationships. Digital Realty is looking for a competitive contributor who envisions themselves growing with the organization.
What you'll do
What you'll need
- Plan, build, and nurture relationships within assigned accounts/prospects to position Digital Realty as a trusted advisor and provider of choice
- Direct responsibility for the identification, contact, qualification and development of qualified new accounts and opportunities
- Lead coordinated sales approach with extended sales team members (Sales Engineers, Customer Success, Commercial Management, Sales Operations, etc.) to drive opportunities to closure
- Manage inbound leads from Marketing and Partner/Alliance channels with timely engagement and response to inquiries to drive opportunity conversions
- Meet and exceed sales target of new monthly recurring revenue by building sales pipeline of qualified opportunities, articulating value proposition, and delivering a winning proposal
- Methodically log/track customer interactions to produce regular activity reports and maintain opportunity pipeline in SFDC to provide accurate forecasts
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Develops account plans that are focused on maintaining/growing accounts by researching and developing an understanding of the customer business and organizational landscape
- Contribute to customer contract renewals and negotiations to reduce churn
- Facilitate ongoing customer relationships to provide exceptional internal and external customer service and timely resolution of customer issues while promoting the company's core values
- Support and promote ongoing corporate strategy and initiatives
A bit about us
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of related working experience preferably in the data center, telecommunications, IT, or technology fields
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to conduct presentations to variety of levels both internal and external to the company
- Ability to interact with cross-functional peers as well as senior management
- Strong solution selling skills and relationship management skills
- Proven expertise to develop relationships from cold calling or networking activity
- Proficient at planning and executing account strategies and maintaining effective long-term business relationships with key decision makers
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Capacity to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply knowledge
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline and effectively forecast both short- and long-term sales cycles
- History of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with strict deadlines
- Familiarity and commitment to daily activity tracking in CRM tool. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 50 metros across 26 countries and six continents. A bit about our Digital team Sales
Our Sales team is at the sharp end of our business, securing new customers from network and cloud service providers through to all kinds of major global and regional enterprises and local businesses. We help identify the objectives of our customers and enable them to succeed by combining our strategic knowledge of the industry, technical knowledge of our global data center platform, PlatformDIGITAL®, with our ability to develop strong partnerships. What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future. Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.