CO Sr.Clinical Social Worker
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Senior Clinical Social Worker who is the primary interface for patients to access services such as peer/family counseling and support, screening, assessment, brief treatment, consultative services, education and engagement, linkages, outreach and advocacy. Responsible for the delivery of patient centered mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior care to assigned JHM patients in designated primary care or acute care sites working under the oversight of a psychiatrist, and in the context of a team.
Additionally, this position will work with physicians, mid-levels, primary care providers, or inpatient medical teams to promote qualitative and efficient use of health care services through changing the patient's behavior and modifying the care delivery system.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to all requests for new patient evaluations in a timely manner.
- Evaluates all new patients using established clinical evaluations developed.
- Establishes initial and on-going therapeutic relationship with OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership patients.
- Communicates results of assessment to staff involved in patients' care.
- Participates in development of an initial plan of care to address prioritized needs of patient.
- Provides ongoing services as prescribed on plan of care.
- Makes referrals for additional services as needed.
- Assists patients in securing resources.
- Engages with community resources to ensure patient is receiving necessary services.
- Provides mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior services using established HBS protocols.
- Coordinates care with other OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership team members.
- Re-evaluates plan of care with patient and other OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership treatment providers.
- Provides outreach to patients if he/she disengages from treatment.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Completes initial evaluations using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
- Completes plan of care using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
- Delivers ongoing care as defined in the plan of care using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
- Writes progress notes according to established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
- Updates plan of care using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
- Submits reports, data, and statistics as required.
- Assists OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership project in meeting expected performance goals.
- Master's Degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social WorkEducation or an equivalent organization approved by the Council on Social Work Education. LCPC as well.
- Four or more years' experience, preferably working and delivering ongoing care to identified population in primary care or acute hospital setting.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse, health behaviors, and community resources.
- Candidate needs to be competent in multiple treatment modalities including: Motivational interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavioral activation and must have either skills or willingness to learn office based substance use disorder interventions and Health Behavior interventions.
- Identifies and acts upon impending changes in member condition.
- Develops, recommends and initiates corrective action through participation in team rounds and contributions to the member care plan.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a multidisciplinary treatment staff.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently also must be able to work well in a team working environment.
- Must be open to ongoing supervision in specific therapeutic modalities.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Able to enter data into electronic information systems.
- Current Social Work Licensure in State of Maryland- LCSW-C, required and must maintain license throughout duration of employment.
- Valid Maryland driver's license with less than 2 points.
The values of Johns Hopkins Medicine and University are:
It is the expectation that every member of the Johns Hopkins community embodies and demonstrates these values in their daily activities.Physical Requirements:
- Excellence & Discovery:
Be the best. Commit to exceptional quality by encouraging curiosity, seeking information, and creating innovative solutions.
- Leadership & Integrity
Be a role model. Inspire others to achieve their best and have the courage to do the right thing.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Be open. Embrace and value different backgrounds, opinions, and experiences.
- Respect & Collegiality
Be kind. Listen to understand and embrace others' unique skills and knowledge.
- Primary care site, hospital or community based medical environment- fast-paced requiring flexibility and adaptability.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature; however, some standing, stooping, and bending are required.
- Work requires concentration and constant attention to accuracy and detail for extended periods.
- Work requires cross-training and coverage of colleagues across different primary care sites.
- Work requires daily use of a computer.
- Work requires regularly handling multiple member cases involving a variety of providers, situations, deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Work requires site visits (provider offices, inpatient facilities, patient homes, etc.)
- Work requires attendance at company office and off-site meetings.
Classified Title: Sr. Clinical Social Worker
Starting Salary Range: $53,020 - $72,930 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: JH at White Marsh
Department name: PSYCHIATRY COMMUNITY HOSPITALS
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-CO-Sr_Clinical-Social-Worker-MD-21236/819421300/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.