CO Collection Specialist
The Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation is seeking a Collection Specialist who will be responsible for the collections of unpaid medical insurance claims, and follow up on unpaid medical claims, as well as appealing these claims.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Uses system collection reports, such as: aged trial balances, data search reports, and the Paperless Collection System (PCS) to identify unpaid claims for collection/appeals.
- Communicates with third-party payers, patients, physicians, and other parties to resolve unpaid claims.
- Reviews and updates patient registration information (demographic and insurance) on IDX as needed.
- Utilizes PCS to process A/R. Works PCS files to completion.
- Applies appropriate discounts/courtesies based on department policy.
- Prints and mails claim forms and statements according to the follow-up matrix. Retrieves supporting documents (medical reports, authorizations, etc.) as needed and submits to third-party payers.
- Identifies and informs the Supervisor/Production Unit Manager of issues or problems associated with non-payment of claims.
- Appeals rejected claims and claims with low reimbursement.
- Identifies and informs management of systems or operational issues affecting collections, reimbursement and/or day in accounts receivable.
- Processes third-party payer correspondence for resolution and/or payment of claims.
- Researches and resolve Production Unit posting errors during the month.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One (1) year of medical billing experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT codes and ICD-9 codes.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2 years related experience.
- Experience in IDX and PCS.
- Database experience.
- Ability to use various billing and patient information computer systems.
- Knowledge of various payer processing and submission guidelines.
- Knowledge of third party payer requirements.
- Proficiency with IBM personal computers to include Word, spread sheeting in either Lotus or Excel and possible.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focusing on details.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, ability to diffuse difficult situations in a complex environment.
- Good understanding of third party reimbursement policies and protocols.
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OC Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range:
Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Monday - Friday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
JH at White Marsh / Hybrid
Department name: Accounts Receivable
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons or because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Middle-River-CO-Collection-Specialist-MD-21220/806780000/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.