CO Clinical Nurse
The Division of Cardiology seeks a Clinical Nurse who will be under the direct supervision of the Physician and will, render cardiac care to patients, provide patient education, and assist with clinical operations at JH outpatient clinic. This position will also manage and coordinate care of Cardiology patients participating in designated clinical trials under the direction of the Principal Investigator.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees personal and provider Epic in-baskets triaging appropriately.
- Pends new medications and prescription refills in Epic for physician signature.
- Follows up on lab and study results, notifying the physician and patient as appropriate.
- Returns patient phone calls.
- Prepares physicians for outpatient clinic appointments including obtaining detailed medical records for patients with complex medical histories and ensuring records are scanned into Epic.
- Populates patient history in Epic.
- Generates patient problem lists as requested by physicians. Is aware of the inclusion/exclusion criteria for ongoing clinical trials to help identify possible research candidates.
- Anticipates requirements for designated patient populations; screens potential research subjects for participation in clinical trials and evaluates ongoing eligibility of research subjects.
- Responsible for patient follow-up and collection of specimens.
- Lists and clarifies concern and questions about new protocols with PI/ sponsors.
- Proposes and negotiates alternatives to improve protocol implementation.
- Reviews and assesses new protocol for clarity, thoroughness, logistical feasibility, maintaining subject safety, etc. represents department at research and protocol initiation meetings, applies cardiology device or pharmacological knowledge to assist the investigator in determining adverse event causality and relationship to study drug / device procedure.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Blood sample processing to include obtaining specimens by phlebotomy and appropriate handling and labeling.
- Oversee record management for several research studies.
- Set up database, as well as processing systems and efficiencies for reporting purposes using Excel, Access, or similar systems
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Knows the key formal and informal goals of the division and the clinic team and asks for guidance appropriately.
- Uses own judgment in achieving goals of good clinic practices, good documentation, and interactions with staff and health care professionals.
- Practices nursing per clinical protocols and under the nursing scope of practice for the State of Maryland.
- Provides primary nursing care to clinic patients.
- Primary nursing care begins with the first encounter with the patient by phone or in clinical setting and continues throughout the course of care.
- Primary nursing care constitutes independent collection of medical information, physical exam, and assessment of patient to discuss with supervisor, then completion of medical documentation and implementation of treatment plan.
- Perform case management services to patients from initial intake visit through termination of services.
- Serves as a clinical resource on the nursing assessment of the complex patient.
- Regularly interfaces with multidisciplinary care team of providers and with clinic and research providers
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.*
- Must be a registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maryland or state where practicing.
- Research nursing experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment. Successful completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to start date.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
Classified Title: Clinical Nurse
Starting Salary Range: $61,500 - $84,700 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM Cardiology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-CO-Clinical-Nurse-MD-21205/819168700/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.