Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
This training program is for non-experienced CNC operators. Candidates may be required to complete assessments and participate in an interview process.
CNC Trainee program consists of 4-weeks of learning the basic skills needed to run a CNC machine. When a trainee successfully completes the 4-week training course the trainee will transition to a primary cell operator. The training program will be conducted on 1 st shift and the assigned primary cell position will be on 3 rd shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate CNC machine and all other equipment in assigned Cell
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences. Finished workpieces may be lifted manually or with hoists and cranes
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems, as well as monitor control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions
- Fully responsible for preventive maintenance and proper usage of assigned machinery, tools, and component parts in assigned cell
- Follow Standard Work instructions and makes all programming and mechanical adjustments
- Adhere to all safety and health standards
- Participate in Kaizan events and seeks to continuously improve work processes
- May move from assigned cell to other cells at discretion of supervisor
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Basic measuring, math, reading and writing skills
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of Standard Process Controls (SPC)
- Mechanically driven
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Must demonstrate ability to read, understand and interpret Standard Work, in the English language.
- Previous experience conducting tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to follow directions
- Attention to Detail -careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- High school diploma or GED required
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, dust particles, light radiation, paint or oil products, and weather changes. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift.
Physical requirements include lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, arm-hand steadiness, finger dexterity, manual dexterity, control precision, near vision, and hearing sensitivity.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org