The purpose of the CNC Team Leader position is to provide guidance and support on an ongoing basis to the team members of the operation. This role directly supports the production area and engages people by putting the team's ideas to work in timely manner. The person in this role is vital to the continuous improvement efforts of the operation and will contribute to Guardian's ability to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first line problem solver in terms of Safety, Quality, Production Flow, Tooling and Equipment
- Perform team member tasks when team members are vacant. Must perform work to current standards including, but not limited to, program, set-up, operate and inspection
- Manually program CNC Mills and Lathes without assistance from AutoCAD or any other programs
- Ensure a safe working environment exists in the area. Verify safety duties are assigned and completed at the frequency required
- Generate job breakdown sheets to improve training. The Team Lead will provide job instruction to all new associates that are assigned to their area
- Lead by example and provide coaching to all associates as needed to ensure all policies and procedures are followed
- Help the team maintain 5S and preventative maintenance in the work area and update all visual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) boards at the required time intervals
- Interface daily with other team leaders and managers to guarantee the production facility is meeting all demands
- Support the team members by responding to problems and solving or escalating them
- Lead daily team meetings and problem-solving sessions
- Audit the process, i.e. standard work, 5S and safety compliance
- Execute the production schedule and manage hour by hour chart
- Daily incremental improvement in KPIs
- Understand and follow company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associate should demonstrate positive team orientation, self-initiative with a positive tempo, good verbal, non-verbal and written communication, solid problem identification and resolution, a positive attitude and ability to lead in challenging conditions.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Years' experience in CNC Lathe and Mill Operation
- Previous leadership and manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, TPS, 6 Sigma, or similar improvement methods
- Post-secondary education preferred
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels, dust particles, paint or oil products, and weather changes. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift.
Physical requirements include lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, arm-hand steadiness, finger dexterity, manual dexterity, control precision, near vision, standing for long periods of time, and hearing sensitivity. Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.