ECS is seeking a Cloud Engineer to work in our office in Fairfax, VA.
ECS is looking for a passionate, driven Cloud Deployment Engineer to drive existing capabilities in areas focused on infrastructure as code, DevSec/GitOps, big data, and security to deliver transformational and scalable cloud solutions in DoD Space.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Deployment Engineer to join our team in supporting a large program with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Work in a highly agile environment, to implement best in class solutions by leveraging a variety of automation, instance and/or container, orchestration, security, and native/non-native cloud services for large DoD program(s)
- Leverage best practices to deploy and monitor the environment, facilitate management oversight, and put in place detection, incident-response, and mitigation practices to minimize and rapidly resolve discovered anomalies
- Possess an understanding of AWS, Elastic, Network Infrastructure, Security Capabilities, Storage Solutions, Database Services/Tooling, and Identity & Access Management
- Participate in status meetings on progress, priorities, issues, performance, and future growth
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Leverage DevSecOps best practices to design, implement, and deploy cloud software automation solutions
- Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies and best practices in order to engage with leadership and government clientele on project development
- Be able to leverage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, Chef, etc. to structurally automate build requisite infrastructure
- Be able to leverage Docker toolset to design, implement and deliver containerized services, troubleshoot failure modes and resolve system/architectural issues
- Have familiarity with implementing STiGs and other security requirement guides to harden both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Be able to create and maintain custom Amazon AMIs that incorporate DoD STIG requirements.
- Migrate existing on-premises software applications to cloud leveraging a structured method and best practices
- Be able to integrate and troubleshoot hardware solutions in a hybrid cloud environment
- Have familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, CloudWatch, DataDog, and/or Elastic Stack in order to engage with project monitoring and incident response activities
- Experience configuring and deployment Virtual Desktop Infrastructure within hybrid environments.
- Integrate multiple software products across cloud and hybrid environments
- Closely coordinate and communicate with ECS team as well as sponsors for effort
- Ability to brief and engage directly with sponsors and their supporting staff regarding technical support work and architecture design of cloud environments
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or similar preferred
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification (at least Associate level)
- Current DoD 8750 IAT Level 1 certification
- AWS Solutions Architect / DevOps Engineer
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Cloud development skills
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.