Zoetis Reference Laboratories (ZRL) is currently seeking a full time Clinical Pathologist for our Mukilteo, WA Lab location. Zoetis Reference Lab is a division of Zoetis Global Diagnostics. Responsibilities of this role primarily include interpretation of cytology and hematology testing, with occasional urinalysis, chemistry, coagulation, and endocrine assessment as needed, and case consultation with veterinarian customers. Zoetis Reference Lab clinical pathologists are also expected to actively participate in the organization's Quality Management System. Additional opportunities to participate in organizational growth by contributing to SOP development, creating educational content for customers and ZRL colleagues, and participation in CE events will also be available.
Our current opening is in Mukilteo, WA and requires onsite work at this high-volume, centralized location. Case format currently consists of glass cases with some digital slide interpretation opportunities. The candidate will work locally with another full-time, onsite clinical pathologist and the ZRL director of clinical pathology, while joining a large, nationwide team of highly collaborative clinical pathologists. The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting the veterinary community, be a team player with positive outlook and have a deep commitment to quality. This is a values-driven organization where service is priority.
• The core focus of the candidate's role will be on comprehensive examination, reporting and consultation of cytology cases. Case format is primarily glass with options to gain digital experience available.
• In addition to the cytology caseload, the position requires examination, reporting and consultation on select CBC and urinalysis cases. Some locations also require protein electrophoresis interpretation.
• The candidate will also positively interact with the local technician team, supplying feedback on submitted hematology and urinalysis pathologist review cases. Targeted microscopy training and other general training will be provided to technician colleagues on an ad hoc basis.
• Participate in the laboratory's Quality Management System by aiding in general troubleshooting, new test validation, and reporting and/or investigating non-conforming events within core laboratory sections.
• Participation in local customer outreach and education is periodically required. This responsibility includes working with other organizational stakeholders and the ZRL Medical Leadership team to create presentation content, client education materials and/or internal colleague education and training materials.
• ACVP or ECVP (Clinical Pathology) board certification or board eligibility
• DVM (or equivalent) required
• Formal clinical pathology training - residency or graduate studies (Masters or PhD) in clinical pathology related field
• 2-5 years diagnostic pathology experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong diagnostic skills in Clinical Pathology, especially cytology and hematology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highest level interpersonal skills and ability to work as a collaborative team member
• Strong analytic and problem solving abilities
• Able to work efficiently while subscribing to the highest quality standards
• Flexibility to changing methods and technologies
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to work hours on a computer and tolerate computer screens
• Able to physically tolerate microscope work, as well as reading diagnostic cases digitally
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Posted about 11 hours ago
Posted about 11 hours ago
Union City, Georgia
Posted about 11 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!