Clinical Nurse Supervisor
The Department of Urology is seeking a Clinical Nurse Supervisor who will work under the direct supervision of the Administrator and Director of Clinical Operations and will be responsible for operational, financial, and management oversite of the Urology Clinic at Green Spring Station Pavilion III. Ensures a positive patient centered experience by modeling, promoting and cultivating a commitment to customer service as evidenced by minimal waiting, appointment preparations, proper identification and rooming of patients, safe delivery of services.
Responsibilities include management of nurses (RNs), patient service coordinators (PSCs), and certified medical assistants (CMAs), environmental monitoring in the clinical areas, promotion and implementation of quality improvement initiatives that are aligned with departmental and organizational safety and operational goals. The Clinical Nurse Supervisor will work collaboratively with the Administrator, Ambulatory Services Manager, Director of Clinical Operations, and others within the multidisciplinary health care team to optimize patient satisfaction, experience, and outcomes.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Oversees the day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for planning, workflow management, and oversight of the clinic.
- Ensures phlebotomy and clinical support is integrated within the provider clinic and workflow.
- Hires, orients, and provides day to day oversight and support of clinical service personnel including RNs, CMAs, and PSCs.
- Manages clinic employees' schedules for time away requests and completion of monthly e210 for all clinic employees.
- Ensures adequate staffing based on anticipated clinical and research patient volumes and acuity.
- Coordinates schedules and assignments based on needs and within practice guidelines.
- Evaluates performance of clinical staff in collaboration with clinical providers.
- Identifies areas of weakness in personnel performance and intervenes appropriately.
- Implements progressive counseling or disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Develops standard operating procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures the clinic has all the appropriate supplies and drugs to run an efficient and safe urologic clinical practice, inclusive of ordering, establishing par levels, and stocking rooms.
- Assures accurate completion of specimens and required documentation to ensure quality and adherence to JHH policies, protocol requirements, and ICH GCP guidelines.
- Provide and/or assist with clinical services for adult and pediatric patients inclusive of, but not limited to, BCG, cystos, biopsies, injections, urodynamic, catheter changes, voiding trials, bladder scans, and education.
- May assist with performing vitals and rooming patients.
- Ensures the clinic meets and adheres to all clinical federal, state, and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Participates in planning for new and amended protocols.
- Assists in the planning of protocol-specific activities and identify potential barriers to protocol compliance.
- Coordinates required annual in-services and other in-services as necessary.
- Resolves patient and provider complaints and recommends practice improvements relating to patient flow and team communication; when appropriate, escalates problems in a timely manner to the Director of Clinical Operations and Administrator.
- Responsible for tracking patient volumes, research samples/tests, and documentation errors to identify patterns/trends to support corrective action, staff education, and quality improvement.
- Assists in the evaluation of new clinical programs.
- Actively participates on Ambulatory Operations Committee.
- Promotes and leads process improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maryland or state where practicing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related discipline.
- Three years of progressive nursing experience.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification.
- Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment.
- Completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to start date.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
- Specialized experience in Urology desired.
- Demonstrated competence in areas of clinical nursing practice and management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to appropriately confront issues and motivate others.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to develop goals, performance objectives and action plans.
- Leadership abilities to plan, organize, and direct the activities of individuals and groups.
- Able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods.
- Able to reach by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required, able to manipulate objects with fingers rather than entire hand(s) or arm(s), e.g., use of computer keyboard.
- Able to communicate using the spoken and written word.
- Able to see within normal parameters and to hear within normal range.
- Able to move standard equipment through a clinical or hospital environment.
- Able to lift minimum weight, 10 lbs.
- 5 (Clinical Nurse, 3 PSC/MA, 1 PSC).
Classified Title: Clinical Nurse Supervisor
Starting Salary Range: $71,510 - $98,410 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: JH at Greenspring Station
Department name: SOM Uro Urology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons or because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Lutherville-Clinical-Nurse-Supervisor-MD-21093/794208500/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.