The Division of Cardiology is seeking a Clinic Manager who is responsible for the clinical operations and safety for the Columbia/Odenton Outpatient Clinic. This role will be responsible for assuring the smooth flow of patients and paperwork, managing the clinic staff, and refining operations to improve patient, family, provider and employee satisfaction. The individual reports to the Administrative Manager for Cardiology.
This person will proactively assess and implement appropriate processes to ensure that all facets of clinic practice management are effective. This may include: scheduling efficiency, complete and accurate registration, insurance referral and preauthorization requirements, patient relations and patient satisfaction, and clinical regulatory compliance.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Oversees the day to day clinical operations of an outpatient clinic for Cardiology:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Works with administration, managers and health care providers to establish and review current practices.
- Supervises Patient Service Coordinators, Medical Assistants, and other clinic staff which includes hiring, evaluations, time management, coordination of training, discipline, and terminations.
- On a continuous basis exercise judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences and results that have an impact on patients and the quality of service delivered.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to meet changing needs.
- Participate in meetings and projects and makes decisions based on previous follow up discussions.
- Collaborate with Administrative Manager and Clinical Director on clinical operations, process improvement projects, and initiatives directly related to the clinic's metrics.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts, monitors room utilization, and maintains clinic patient flow. Conducts patient interviews regarding clinic fees, billing problems, and insurance information. Researches issues relating to billing or charge capture, discusses issues with appropriate staff and takes necessary measures to resolve issues.
- Intervenes, as necessary, on issues relating to patient complaints, health care providers' concerns, and operational issues, and takes measures to correct situation or ensures appropriate personnel are involved.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, medical equipment, furniture, etc via SAP. Works closely with vendors.
- Provides direct support in the Patient Service Coordinator role when staffing is decreased:
- Scheduling appointments
- Verifying demographic and insurance information
- Obtaining required authorizations/referrals
- Answering incoming calls
- Preparing daily schedules
- Informing patients about relevant charges
- Guiding patients to appropriate resources for further information or assistance
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Requires an understanding of changing reimbursement policies and third party reimbursement. .
- Additional education may be substituted for years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for years of education.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Classified Title:
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OG Starting Salary Range:
$47,457 - $65,303 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Exempt Status: Exempt Location:
JH at Columbia Center
Department name: SOM DOM Cardiology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Columbia-Clinic-Manager-MD-21045/819206400/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.