Client System Specialist
Job ID: 2021-13768
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
BACKGROUND:Conference & Event Service (CES), a department within University Services, serves as a centralized resource for planning academic year and summer conferences, meetings, and events at Princeton University. CES provides guidance and education on event related policies and compliance, and space scheduling support for the University. as a one-stop-shop for conference planning, event coordination, and room scheduling. The CES team shares a commitment to consistently providing exceptional customer service while cultivating sustainable relationships with internal and external clients. CES is the liaison to external, not-for-profit organizations that are interested in renting University facilities. CES oversees Princeton University’s summer program for internal and external customers including conferences, enrichment programs, workshops, meetings, etc. CES prides itself in being the best at what they do by embracing a comprehensive approach to advising the event planner community on events at Princeton University. Princeton University, University Services, and Conference and Event Services support a work environment that values diversity, integrity, service excellence and collaboration. Conference and Event Services is guided by the three University Services pillars: service excellence, efficiency and effectiveness, and team and people. SUMMARY OF POSITION:Princeton University has recently implemented Event Management System (EMS), a centralized room scheduling system. EMS went live with about 40% of campus spaces in July 2019. CES will continue to manage the transition of campus spaces and the departments that manage those spaces to EMS and identify and assess new opportunities to onboard spaces as they arise. Conference and Event Services is seeking a Client System Specialist to join its Space Scheduling and Event Technologies team. The Client System Specialist will support the efforts of the Systems Manager in CES providing support for the Event Management System (EMS) for a wide variety of computing devices across campus. The incumbent will be tasked with diagnosing system issues, providing user-specific configuration assistance, setting up new departments/users, . An important component of this role includes serving as a resource to end users and fostering collaborative relationships with departments to support the campus wide adoption of EMS. In addition, the Client System Specialist will serve as a back-up for the Systems Manager on other Conference & Event Services technology solutions including but not limited to Iris Conference, Iris Registration, Salto, CCure, IAdea Room Signs, Drupal Websites, Merchant Account, and Windows/Mac Operating Systems. The Client System Specialist, in conjunction with the Systems Manager, will also support the University’s emergency planning/response initiatives and campus planning efforts by analyzing data from EMS and generating relevant reports.
This is a 3-Year Term position.
Responsibilities: System Support
Customer Service and Scheduling Support:
- Serve as functional and technical support for EMS
- Accurately and quickly assess problem, scope, and resolution for issues related to EMS
- Respond to and communicate progress and status of various IT outages and issues related to the various Conference and Event Services systems that may affect users across the University community
- Participate in test scenarios to ensure the reliability and compatibility of each upgrade and patch with the existing environment.
- Learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting EMS
- Work collaboratively with the Systems Manager to understand and document data needs with a focus on customer experience
- Manually enter and maintain space, occupancy, departmental and service provider data into EMS
- Assist in the completion of technical or administrative projects delegated by the Systems Manager. It is expected that any project related tasks delegated to the Client System Specialist will be completed in a timely manner and will have detailed documentation regarding standard project management information, I.E., objectives, timelines key contacts, critical path components
Training Documentation & User/Department Onboarding:
- Using ServiceNow; initiate, review, log, and resolve operational problems related to functional issues of EMS
- Provide in-person, virtual, phone, and email support for students, faculty, and staff with varying technical backgrounds
- Determine when communications with management personnel are warranted for specific events
- Identify opportunities for improving operations processes, communicating with end users, and strengthening relationships with campus partners.
- Provide after-hours or on-call support as assigned or requested
- Support the process of scheduling rooms carried out by the Space Scheduling and System Support. This includes but is not limited to providing support for the daily upkeep and management of space requests in EMS for non-class use of space, serving as a conduit for information regarding scheduling and policies related to non-academic reservations across campus, and troubleshooting and developing viable solutions to common scheduling conflicts.
- Work collaboratively with the Systems Manager
- Provide user-specific configuration assistance, setting up new departments/users
- Educate and train students, faculty, and staff on proper use of EMS
- Provide end-user instruction, videos, and knowledgebase articles that include EMS client installations as well as service feature/functionality and instructions for use
- Maintain current knowledge of EMS by reviewing vendor’s documentation, technical bulletins and participating in webinars, etc.
QualificationsQualifications: Essential Qualifications:
- Represent the Systems Manager at meetings to provide guidance and advisement related to EMS and the various Conference and Event Services and University Scheduling Systems
- Serve as a back-up for the Systems Manager on other Conference & Event Services and University Scheduling technology solutions including but not limited to EMS, Iris Conference, Iris Registration, Salto, CCure, IAdea Room Signs, Drupal Websites, and Windows/Mac Operating Systems
- Provide Tier 1 desktop support to Conference and Event Services staff
- Support the maintenance of all event records in Iris Conference in accordance with departmental and University guidelines.
- Create and manage links for online event registration on behalf of clients using Iris Registration or other comparable University system.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree requiredor equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- A self-motivated willingness to explore current software systems for greater efficiencies and capacity to offer more benefit to current and new users
- Experience with University operations, programs, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and concise user guides and technical documentation
- Experience with data entry
- Demonstrated ability to build successful professional relationships
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated strong Customer Service skills
- Availability and ability to work weekends and after-hours as assigned or requested
- Demonstrated familiarity with data analytics and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to partner with a diverse customer base
- The position requires critical thinking, problem solving, and technical experience
- Demonstrated ability of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information to staff and customers with varying technical backgrounds
- Drivers license required
- Experience with and understanding of Event Management System (EMS)
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience with event coordination
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs and batch file scripting
__________________________________________________________Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
This job has expired.