Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking a Client Manager on our Business Insurance team in Overland Park, KS responsible for servicing and retaining an existing commercial book of business working directly with Producer, Placement Specialist, Client Advisor and/or Client Executive. The Client Manager will manage workload by processing daily servicing tasks as assigned and responding to client requests as well as assist the team with the marketing and placement of renewal accounts.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Small agency feel with world class resources of an international corporation
- Committed, competent and engaged leadership at all levels
- Driven & entrepreneurial team-oriented environment
- Our Core Values: Innovation, Passion, Collaboration, Accountability, and Integrity
We will count on you to:
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- MMA University - 1000s of free courses and resources
- Certification & designation bonuses. Company-paid study time & testing fees
- Flexible & remote work options
- Dress for your day
- Competitive compensation & benefits package including Paid Parental Leave & PTO for Volunteering
- Colleague Resource Groups and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And more!
What you need to have:
- Checks policies and conducts research on issues relating to policies as needed.
- Investigates and answers client inquiries regarding coverage of existing policies.
- Monitors expirations, billings, certificates, processing, claims and loss control to ensure quality client service.
- Completes necessary surplus lines filings for review by accounting.
- Provides premium & loss summary analysis to Producer/Risk Consultant.
- Provides certificate, auto ID, binder, billing invoice, policy change information to Client Services Coordinator.
- Gathers risk management/insurance information from prospects to use in marketing efforts.
- Presents submissions to carriers and follows-up with carriers per established company guidelines.
- Negotiates coverage and service that matches client needs.
- Negotiates adequate commission level with carriers.
- Advises Client Executive in selecting carrier quotes that match client needs.
- Assists clients in resolving billing questions.
- Assists Producer/Risk Consultant and team in developing insurance and risk management program design.
- Prepares or reviews initial copy of client proposal that clearly outlines advantages of the MMA proposal.
- Participates in client presentations where appropriate
- Conducts policy reviews for deliver to client.
- Maintains professional development through trade press, training sessions and continuing education programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What makes you stand out:
- College degree preferred, at minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in customer service commercial lines insurance for a broker/agency, independent agency preferred.
- Detailed with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Prior experience and success in managing change in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and work with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with management, peers and insurance carriers.
- State Property/Casualty license required.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Knowledge of Sagitta and ImageRight a plus
- Office environment including sitting for long periods.
- Significant use of computer applications and ability to communicate with clients, peers and carriers.
- Occasional travel may be required including an overnight stay.
- Carry out assignments to completion within parameters of insurance and MMA compliance, prescribed routines and standard practices while working independently.
- Tolerate a stressful work environment and meet multiple deadlines consistently.
- Extended work hours required on occasion.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursuedreams without limits
. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA,your future is limitless
. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.