Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global consulting firm providing technical, scientific, and financial expertise across all assets and value at risk. Our professionals serve as trusted advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events demanding urgent attention, staunch integrity, clear-cut analysis, and an understanding of both tangible and intangible assets. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of services, products, and data that enable clients to navigate complex, contentious, and often catastrophic situations . We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
The Team And Job Summary
We are seeking a mid to senior-level Forensic Civil Structural Engineer (PE or SE) to enhance our already robust team of professionals supporting our clients throughout the US. Our engineers routinely perform forensic investigations, provide consultation, prepare and deliver technical papers; and serve as expert witnesses. Our areas of practice include residential, commercial, and industrial buildings' roofing, fenestration, foundation and envelopes; hazard assessments and resulting damage; design and construction defect evaluation; and premise liability evaluations. Assignments will require regular local and regional travel to project sites. Active involvement in professional associations and societies is encouraged and supported.
- Conducts field observations, testing and data collection.
- Prepares reports detailing observations made, testing results, research conducted, and opinions or recommendations.
- Works with building departments to determine repair directives.
- Conducts research and develops technical topics for publication.
- Meets with and presents to peers and clients.
- Engages in client-relations marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (from an ABET accredited school required).
- Familiar with modern building codes and industry standards.
- 2 (mid-level) or 7 (senior-level) or more years of experience as a forensic engineer.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel and conduct site inspections.
- A desire to learn, excel and grow with us and within the profession.
Physical And Mental Job Qualifications
- PE or SE license (preferred). Highly qualified and experienced EI/EITs are considered.
- Testimony experience as a designated expert witness (preferred for senior level).
- Experience in engineering design or construction (preferred but not required).
- Experience conducting damage assessments and forensic investigations (preferred but not required).
- Storm damage and building envelope evaluation experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel to various project sites and conduct field investigations.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments, both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to periodically access and work on roofs, scaffolds, lifts, and other elevated surfaces and in enclosed spaces (attics, crawlspaces, etc.) with appropriate personal protection.
- Must be able to lift, transport, set up, and utilize an extension ladder to access roofs and other elevated surfaces.
- Physically able to climb, stand, walk, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time.
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience.
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear- cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team's needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $70k - $140k. Any offered salary range is based on a wide array of factors including but not limited to skillset, experience, training, location, scope of role, management responsibility, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein. California residents can click here to learn more about the personal information we collect and here to learn about additional privacy rights that may be available.Please Explore What We're All About At Www.jsheld.com.
EEO and Job Accommodations
We embrace diversity and our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
J.S. Held is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request for a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Applicant Accommodation" within the subject line with your request and contact information.
This job has expired.