Civil Engineer - Utility Lead
Career Area: Engineering
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking to fill the position of Civil Engineer focused on civil site design on Mission Critical projects primarily focused on utility design. Position could be located in any of the offices.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Join and support the team designing, modeling, and delivering complex campus designs for our mission critical clients
- Assist with design and modeling of grading and drainage features and utility design for large data center campuses; opportunity to become a design lead over time
- Support Project Manager by providing technical input and guidance for client conversations and multi-discipline design meetings
- Review work of other team members for quality
- Prepare reports, specifications, plans, permits, and designs for projects
- Attend client meetings as needed
- Analyze data, existing site information, and entitlements to assist mission critical clients with site selection
- Use AutoCAD Civil3D to design and model site civil campus infrastructure
Why join us?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration, or Engineer Intern (EI) registration with ability to obtain PE within 12 months
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience, 4-5 years preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D for surface creation and underground utility modeling
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced high-achieving team relying on each member's individual delivery for success
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.