Civil Engineer - Federal Projects (PE)
Career Area: Engineering
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking to fill the position of Civil Engineer (PE) in the Site Solutions business unit in one of our Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama, or Georgia locations. This position will be heavily focused on Department of Defense (DOD) clients. Experience with DOD projects and their associated engineering requirements (e.g. SpecsIntact, EISA 438, UFC, ATFP, etc) is desired.
This role may be preformed fully remote or in a hybrid schedule working from home 2 days per week!
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assists in project scope and budget development, as well as, assisting in project design
- Supports PM providing technical leadership on civil-site projects including preparation of grading, drainage, site layout, utility, and erosion control plans
- Engages permitting agencies, clients, and contractors as you participate in projects from the conceptual design stage all the way through construction
- Reviews work of others for quality
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, permits, and designs for project
- Assists in client contact and communication, and attends client meetings
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, and tests, in order to plan and design projects
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- In addition to DOD projects, you will also have the opportunity to work on other types of projects that range from large industrial developments to a new municipal park.
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from accredited university
Why join us?
- 10 years' minimum experience in civil-site engineering
- PE registration
- Experience with civil site design and permitting and applicable software applications
including hydrology modeling programs/storm drainage programs is required.
- Strong experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.