A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Chemist will be a part of the Small Volume Manufacturing team in Carlsbad supporting small scale manufacturing and transfer of new products from the R&D teams. The Small Volume team works closely with the R&D, Quality Control and Engineering teams.
- Chemical purification
- Chemical sampling
- Data review
- Chemical packaging
- Vessel cleaning
- Maintain a clean and efficient lab environment
- Current chemical inventory
- Equipment maintenance
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Wearing full face air-purifying respirator and other PPE
- Lifting to 50 pounds
- Standing, sitting, or walking for up to 8 hours
- Raising arms up to and possibly above 90-degree angle
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 1+ years' experience handling chemicals
- Knowledge of P&ID's
- Prior chemistry lab experience handling acids and bases
- Knowledge and experience performing small-scale purification and packaging of specialty chemicals
- Strong troubleshooting, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets and technical drawings
- A strong focus on quality and safety
- Experience using Microsoft suite including (Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint)
- Experience using SAP and LIMS systems
- Strong data analysis, attention-to-detail and organizational skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218846
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time