The Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research & Development (VMRD) Vendor & Contract Management (VCM) team is seeking an experienced Procurement Category Sourcing Senior Associate to support laboratory model procurement across multiple U.S. R&D sites. The CSA will guide the selection, development, and management of suppliers to meet operational requirements, project costs and performance goals. This role will negotiate business terms of contractual agreements to ensure that service, quality, and total costs are secured as well as provide category oversight seeking reduction to costs and overall performance improvements. This role will also work closely with colleagues across multiple workstreams to ensure all supply needs are met, identify risks, and develop strategies to mitigate risks in order to make certain the supply chain is uninterrupted. The position is part of the VCM team consisting of Procurement Associates, Category Sourcing Managers & Associates, & Contract Managers. It will report into a Category Sourcing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide laboratory model procurement services. Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and transportation companies. Collaborate across multiple workstreams to analyze and forecast supply demand. Work in partnership with various workstreams to ensure facility availability, supply requirements are accurately identified and ordered accordingly. Manage the category suppliers to ensure competitive costs, business continuity, and operations are handled in accordance with proper policy & pertinent regulations. Request and review purchase orders (POs) and provide direction to Procurement Associates to ensure POs are executed accurately. Manage supplier and transportation company approvals in database including maintenance of the preferred supplier list. Lead new supplier identification, qualification, and selection process. Work diligently to resolve issues raised by internal or external customers.
10) Organize supplier visits, initial supplier discussions, and prepare supplier visit reports.
Qualification and Experience:
- 3-5 Years of Buyer/Sourcing experience preferably in laboratory model procurement
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Supply Chain, or similar business discipline
- Supplier negotiations experience (pricing, payment and contract terms)
- Supplier performance and relationship management experience
- Ability to analyze data to support decision making and identify actions
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong sense of customer service with external and internal customers
- Ability to work with minimal oversight in a complex environment
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as SAP and Ariba
Desirable Skills, experience, attributes:
- Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Presentation Skills
- Understanding of basic financial accounting
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to lab models and transportation.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.