Job ID: 320939
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
CRH Americas Materials is currently seeking a Local Category Manager to support our Chemicals category within our South Division. The candidate selected for this role may be located in any of our locations within the South Division to include: Tampa, FL; Daytona Beach, FL; Orlando, FL; Birmingham, AL; Richland, MS; Greensboro, NC; Knoxville, TN; Memphis, TN; Irving, TX; Beaumont, TX; Cedar Park, TX; Metairie, LA.
Ensure that CRH sources clearly specified products and services in the Chemicals category at the best possible TCO, and that CRH fulfills its contractual obligations and other commitments towards its suppliers. The Category Manager for CRH Americas Materials, South Division participates in all relevant commercial discussions with suppliers related to specific products; owns and drives regular business review meetings with suppliers; drives multiple source qualifications and provides price provisioning on product level during budgeting / business case phase.
Desired Education and Experience
- Managing assigned category within the division through participation in cross-functional and cross-regional team
- Translating category and supplier strategies into executable sourcing plans and strategies based on actual portfolio demands and business needs
- Ensuring cost, availability, innovation, and quality within the sourcing plan creation and execution while driving for savings and improved efficiencies.
- Executing regional supplier selection in line with strategy, requirements, supplier base development, and identification of new suppliers
- Ensuring efficient RFx process from selection through onboarding according to the agreed strategies
- Leading price negotiations, contract, and life cycle management with suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with procurement process, SOX and other statutory requirements within own category
- Ensuring compliance to supplier portfolio within own category/region
- Liaising with Global/Regional Category Managers to address changes based on supply market dynamics
- Managing supplier performance accountability for agreed KPIs (internal and external) and their reporting
- Developing and managing relationship with key suppliers in the category
- Degree in Business or Technical field, a Bachelor's Degree would be preferred.
- 6 or more years of Procurement experience in an international setting
- Recent Regional/Category management experience in a large complex multi-country organization
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Negotiation & contracting skills
- Cost analysis skills
- Financial and Business acumen
- Decision making/strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Collaborating in cross a regional/functional team
- Source to pay process, supplier quality, product lifecycle management
- Excellent market information analysis skills and supply market knowledge
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH's Americas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Greensboro Job Segment:
Supply, Manager, Procurement, Project Manager, PLM, Operations, Management, Technology
This job has expired.