For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: OMAHA,NE,US |
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for performing data entry of accounts receivable items in appropriate billing systems while ensuring accuracy. Will ensure payments are processed, documentation for data entry items is maintained and assist with 3rd party payment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Perform data entry of accounts receivable items in appropriate billing systems while ensuring 100% accuracy and adherence to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure documentation for data entry items is maintained according to departmental standards which includes file maintenance
- Work with appropriate 3rd party payment software (e.g., banks, credit card companies, etc.) to ensure payments are processed
- Research and resolve, within assigned scope, payments without posting instructions
- Escalate to supervisor any cash application issues to determine resolution
- Reconcile accounts receivable batches to bank deposits
- Contact customers regarding check discrepancies and coordinate with customer and supervisor to resolve issue
- Create customer refund requests.
- Operate and execute procedures and processes, within area of responsibility, in accordance with the established company policies and internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR)
High school diploma or GED is required Experience
- Minimum of one-year data entry or customer service required, preferably in an accounting environment
- Payment processing experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel preferred