Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
This position will support the corporate office in Winchester, VA by overseeing all building/grounds-related activities. Responsible for preserving the good condition of the infrastructure and ensure that the facility is safe and well-functioning.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
· Experience managing contractors and vendors in a corporate office environment is preferred
* Basic knowledge of multi-story building maintenance, HVAC and electrical systems to be able to identify issues
* Previous experience [ED1] with facility oversight or management is preferred
* Experience with MS Office 365 and Sharepoint is preferred
* Basic personal computer skills in a networked environment a plus, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) are required
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common training, technical journals, statistical reports and blueprints/schematics
* Basic and advanced math skills, including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams
* Listen and communicate effectively with internal clients, employees and contractors/vendors
* Develop presentations to be delivered to employee groups and management
* Ability to identify root cause and develop permanent solution action steps
* A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Facility Management, Business Management or related field is preferred;
* Certifications for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, or maintenance would be beneficial
· Plan and coordinate all installations/upgrades/maintenance of mechanical/electrical systems to include: telecommunications, HVAC, electricity, alarm system, fire suppression.
· Self-perform light maintenance duties such as: assembling furniture, repairing drywall, mounting shelves, changing lightbulbs, etc.
· Manage and control activities like routine inspections/services, lawn maintenance, pest control, snow removal, window washing, restroom supplies, restroom cleaning and trash removal.
· Schedule, coordinate, and manage required inspections from third party vendors to include: fire pump, fire extinguishers, elevator systems, fire alarm.
· Routine inspection of building, land and utilities to access the need for repairs or renovations
· Manage maintenance and care of company vehicles
· Manage off-site document storage
· Support administrative assistants in the setup of building for meetings and off-site venues
· Provide on-call support for emergencies
· Maintain all key manuals/drawings/certifications of building, equipment, utilities and grounds.
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
* Typically, this position does not have direct-report supervisory responsibilities.
* May supervise contractors on a project basis. Responsibilities include sourcing contractors; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear
* The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms; occasionally working on a ladder
* The employee is occasionally required to sit
* Typical office and building and systems room environment[ED3] ; outdoor work on the grounds include parking lot and landscaped areas
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head
* Reports to: Director of Project Engineering
* Occasional weekend work may be required
* Travel Requirements:
* Minimum travel associated with this position
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews
* Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled