BUILDING ATTENDANT I - NIGHT
Posting Number: SRGV5530
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To perform routine manual work involving the custodial maintenance of buildings.
Responsible for janitorial and housekeeping duties including occasional heavy physical labor.
Description of Duties:
• Clean, sweep, mop, dust and scrub tile work, floors, stairways, hallways, rest rooms, offices, laboratories, locker rooms and building lobbies.
• Wax and polish floors.
• Clean and polish furniture and equipment.
• Clean and maintain rest rooms.
• Wash windows and move furniture and equipment.
• Polish nickel and brass work.
• Empty waste baskets and trash boxes.
• Wash and polish drinking fountains.
• May prepare auditoriums and other areas for meetings, seminars and other student, faculty and staff functions.
• Pick up material to be recycled.
• May be required to have flexible work schedule, to include but not limited to: work evenings, weekends, Holidays and overtime.
• May be required to carry a two-way radio and/or pager and be available on and “On call” basis.
• Assist in inventory control.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision with detailed instructions on special assignments.
Completion of the 6th grade. Ability to read and write English well enough to comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on cleansers, chemicals, and other containers, and to understand work orders, complete time cards, and receive oral and written work directions.
High School Diploma or GED.
Basic knowledge of janitorial tasks.
Knowledge of janitorial equipment and its care and maintenance requirements.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Work schedule: expected to work primarily night and weekends or rotating schedule including weekends. Usual office building conditions. Some exposure to inclement weather when moving between buildings and emptying trash. May be exposed to other hazardous wastes, chemicals, and/or conditions in research and teaching labs.
Must be physically able to perform all essential functions and duties of the job. Requires considerable stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, lifting, and carrying of heavy objects to perform job duties. Requires moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of heavy furniture, equipment, trash cans, boxes, files, filing cabinets, and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs. when working alone and 100 lbs. with help. Must be able to climb step ladders and maintain balance to clean and wash windows and lighting. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/07/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
Posted about 1 hour ago
Salisbury, North Carolina
Posted 37 minutes ago
Posted 31 minutes ago