ECS is seeking a Budget Analyst Senior to work in our Orlando, FL office.
- Provide assistance to Management Analyst for resource planning (budget and personnel).
- Assist with tracking and identifying Unmatched Disbursements (UMT) in GFEBS and work with DFAS to close UMTs
- Assist in preparing Internal Operating Budget and support yearly Internal Control audits
- Provide functional requirements and analysis and documentation of existing and future business processes.
- Recommend improvements to the requirements process including identifying best practices and establishing documentation templates.
- Plan, present, and execute budgets; analyze budget impacts on programs; and forecast long-term funding requirements
- Execute projects and/or studies within established financial and time constraints.
- Interface with Senior Executive Service and General Officers
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Knowledge and Skills of management concepts, principles, methods, practices, analytical analysis, and processes.
- Requires a broad technical background and experience in various functions such as; a full and in-depth understanding of procedures and authorization and appropriation processes, and a strong management background.
- Knowledge of the full range of principles, concepts, and methodology associated with project management to include planning and completing assigned workload.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the functional and administrative areas such as finance and accounting, budget, legal, and information management to coordinate and resolve questions/problems.
- Knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles.
- Ability to execute projects and/or studies within established financial and time constraints.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures
- Knowledge of acquisition, development, fielding and life cycle support of simulations, simulators, training and instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge of current modeling and simulation principles, techniques, processes, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of the DOD Planning, Programming Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) and its relationship to systems acquisition/program management activities.
- Knowledge of policies, programs, organizations, functions, resources, and legislation affecting the program/product/service(s) and the organizations studied or served, and related customers, functions, resources, and users.
- Ability to stratify resources against approved programs and services to analyze impacts on programs and services; and to forecast long term funding requirements.
- Ability to plan and execute complex, multi-faceted projects within established financial and time constraints.
- Ability to organize and lead special (study/project) teams and task forces with members from different organizations and commands.
- Knowledge of DOD acquisition and life cycle management policies, procedures, and practices.
- Should be certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act of 1990 (DAWIA) Level III in Program Management (PM).
- Active Secret Clearance
- GFEBS experience
- DoD Acquisition Life Cycle Management
- Communication - written and oral
- MS Office Suite
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.