We are seeking to hire a full-time Biostatistician for the Johns Hopkins University research unit of the multi-center Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Active collaboration with ARIC investigators to design analyses of study data for papers, grants, and presentations.
- Conduct of analyses for cross sectional, cohort, and case-cohort study designs.
- Assisting in the interpretation and writing of statistical results for manuscripts and other reports.
- Assisting in developing, writing and implementing statistical analysis plans.
- Guide faculty and students in appropriate use of the data including documentation of information on a shared network drive and collaboration with administrative and IT staff.
- Collaboration with statisticians at other ARIC Study research units and the Coordinating Center regarding study designs and analyses.
- Implementation of novel analytic methods when appropriate in collaboration with faculty in the Department of Biostatistics.
- Participation in regular seminars and meetings of ARIC investigators.
- Collaboration with faculty members and trainees in epidemiology and School of Medicine.
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or related quantitative field required.
- One (1) year of related experience required.
- Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills and collaborative research experience.
- Experience in statistical analysis using SAS, Stata, R, and/or other statistical package is required.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have outstanding quantitative skills and a strong interest in collaborative epidemiologic and biostatistical research and interest in working with a dynamic team.
- Data management skills are important.
Classified Title: Biostatistician
Starting Salary Range: $53,020 - $72,930 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Public Health
Department name: Epidemiology
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Biostatistician-MD-21287/818553000/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.