Are you a data scientist passionate about medical research and looking for an exciting and impactful new challenge?
Then join our Quantitative Biology department in Waltham, MA and apply bioinformatics and computational solutions to help us evolve and extend our proteomics capabilities in our drive to find medicines of the future.
We are further investing in capabilities in multi-omics (e.g. transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics). You will join a global multi-disciplinary team of bioinformaticians, data scientists and software developers with the purpose of providing quantitative insights to biology for discovery of new therapies. Our group is committed to enhancing AstraZeneca's ability to prioritize target selection and portfolio projects based on probability of technical success.
This is an opportunity requiring an individual who is passionate about development and delivery of analytics and software solutions for using proteomics data to drive drug discovery projects and preclinical model understanding. You will play a key role in supporting, driving and evolving our proteomics capabilities (inc. thermal profiling, chemical proteomics, labelled and unlabelled mass spectrometry, post-translational modifications exploration) and projects
At AstraZeneca, innovation is about more than just research. As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, our business is focused on providing innovative, effective medicines that make a real difference in patient healthcare . Our R&D organization drives innovation in small molecule and biological research and development. It's also a place with a collaborative culture, where you'll feel valued, energised and rewarded for your ideas and contributions.
As a Bioinformatician, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Analyzing quantitative high-resolution mass spectrometry (qHRMS) proteomics data for unbiased and targeted proteomics experiments.
- Develop (semi-)automated data acquisition, processing, analysis and visualization protocols, with appropriate infrastructure and pipeline management tools.
- Understanding quantitative multiplexed proteomics and chemo-proteomics workflows and data structures.
- Provide actionable hypotheses to guide decision making to project teams.
- Combine open-source and/or commercially available software platforms for enabling protein identification & annotation across multiple samples (e.g. cell lines and tissues).
- Contribute to local and global data management processes and solutions for capturing and exploiting proteomics and other high-dimensional data types such as Transcriptomics and Genomics.
- Collaborating effectively with experimentalists, bioinformaticians, biostatisticians and other data scientists to design and deliver robust and impactful proteomics studies, via data processing, analysis and interpretation. This could include analysis of proteomics data in conjunction with other data types via statistical and machine learning approaches.
- Proactively engage in knowledge sharing and peer support.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Next Steps - Apply today!
- PhD, or equivalent, in bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering or life sciences
- Demonstrable experience in the core competency areas: mass-spectrometry based proteomics, multivariate and/or high dimensional data analysis (-omics), data management and visualisation
- A solid understanding of statistical and mathematical principles for biological data analysis.
- Proficiency in R or Python for data analysis and programming. Experience with building packages, with Shiny framework or other relevant software tools such as SQL/NoSQL databasing, networked and cloud-based systems, software versioning tools (e.g. Git/Github) would be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and human physiology
- Experience in other molecular profiling technologies (e.g. NGS), multi-omics, and/or post-translational modifications (PTM) analysis
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at your earliest convenience.We would like to know more about you.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees. Individuals who are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine based on applicable law, such as medical and religious reasons, can submit a request for a reasonable accommodation. For employees who are not vaccinated and who are granted an exemption to the vaccine requirement for qualifying reasons, the primary accommodation will remain weekly COVID-19 PCR testing.
This job has expired.