Bulfinch Temporary Service is hiring Registered Dietitinas to cover 5 month leaves starting in May and October. Please note these are temporary non benefitted positions but a great way to get your foot in the door!
Responsible for the comprehensive delivery of medical nutrition therapy using evidence based practice. Screens, assesses, implements nutrition care plans; documents, performs discharge planning and completes referrals for general patients; coordinates patient care with Food Service Staff if necessary; adheres to departmental and hospital policies and procedures
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
- Communicates with and obtains information from the patient, family members, and significant others and uses this information to ensure patient-focused care and patient involvement in decision-making, following HIPPA guidelines.
- Obtains comprehensive data on individual patient's personal, medical/health histories including anthropometric, lab results, medications, demographics and activity/exercise.
- Obtains nutrition history.
- Determines nutrient and energy requirements.
- Identifies and reviews possible food/medication/herb interactions.
- Works closely with food service personnel to promote delivery of care.
- Analyzes and interprets nutrition and health assessment data, identifies nutrition-related problems and sets priorities for nutrition intervention.
- Formulates nutrition care plans. Establishes follow-up plans and continues providing nutrition care to obtain appropriate clinical outcomes.
- Educate patient, family members, and significant others about diet modifications for home and individualizes plan to meet specific needs, food preferences, and usual eating pattern.
- Communicates with health professionals in the community as needed.
- Documents initial and follow-up nutrition health assessments in the medical record according to department standards-LMR and/or CBORD.
- Integrates nutrition recommendations with other aspects of patient care by participating in interdisciplinary discussions focused on patients.
- Educates other health care professionals about the positive impact of appropriate nutritional care.
- Demonstrates competencies required by specific area of work / identifies competencies in specialty area and provides competency-based training to colleagues.
- Promotes nutrition care services to other health care providers and practices through individual communication.
- Participates in Department and Hospital activities.
- Precepts and instructs dietetic interns during their rotations and participates in their performance evaluation.
- Actively engages in process improvement to advance the delivery of nutrition care with limited resources.
- Develops professional portfolio consistent with area of practice and seeks continuing education activities to maintain competence.
- Accountable for meeting budgeted visit volume and revenue projections in assigned area through marketing of nutrition services and community outreach; meets established productivity goals.
- Demonstrates ability to change patient's nutrition behavior for positive health outcomes.
- Ability to effectively communicate to patient CMS guidelines as related to medical nutrition therapy coverage.
- Organizes the work for the day and prioritizes/ reorganizes throughout the day as needed.
- Appropriately orders tube feedings, infant formulas, and supplements.
- Recommends Total Parenteral Nutrition.
- May clarify orders in the Provider Order Entry system.
Demonstrates ability to communicate and relate to a diverse group of patient, colleagues, and other health care professionals.
Demonstrates nutrition education and counseling skills to patients / clients to achieve desired goals.
Demonstrates ability to prioritize work with limited resources.
Demonstrates ability to effectively make decisions which achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
Explain the impact of their decisions on the cost of delivery of health care and be accountable for those costs.
Demonstrates an appreciation and understanding of the interdependence of all areas of NFS in successfully providing optimum nutrition care.LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable):
Specify minimum credentials and clearly indicate if preferred or required
Registered Dietitian - Commission on Dietetic Registration - required
Licensed Dietitian - Commonwealth of MA - requiredEDUCATION:
Specify minimum education and clearly indicate if preferred or required.
BS in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related subject required / MS preferredEXPERIENCE:
Specify minimum creditable years of experience and clearly indicate if preferred or required
Clinical experience desirable but not requiredSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
List the number of FTEs supervised.
Instructs and supervises dietetic interns.FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY:
Indicate financial "scope" information, i.e.: size of budget, volume, revnue, etc.
Works to utilize resources as efficiently as possible.WORKING CONDITIONS:
Describe the conditions in which the work is performed.
Outpatient office setting /inpatient floors
May work weekends, early / late hours as needed to accommodate patient care needs.EEO Statement
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.