Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
This is a position in Quality Assurance responsible for design, development and automation of tests to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and data. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for quality of a large-scale data warehousing system.
- Work with QA/Testing staff, project team, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan, design, execute and automate testing that meet the requirements of our stakeholders.
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform functionality, regression, and performance testing to ensure high quality and projects are delivered on time and budget
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Work closely with development teams on various projects to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Design and develop test automation artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations and advise on necessary tools for automating backend processes
- 3+ years of QA Test Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and expertise in test planning, test case management, test automation, and root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of the software development process and Agile SCRUM.
- Expertise in working with large databases, Hadoop, and proficient in SQL
- Experience developing automated tests and utilizing automation tools such as QTP/UFT or Selenium
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and experience with MS Azure DevOps is preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the product that is delivered by projects
- Candidates must be customer oriented, self-motived, ambitious, and dedicated team player
- Experience with Cloud technologies and performance testing is preferred
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.