Saputo -> Saputo Cheese USA
Attendant, Production I
Bardsley St., Tulare, CA 93274 US (Primary)
To Be Determined
SCUSA Plant/Hourly Applicant (SCUSA only)
At Saputo, we make contributions that matter every day. We're a growing team of dedicated and passionate people around the world with a longstanding history of excellence. Each of our employees bring their best every day and together we create high-quality products our customers and consumers enjoy.To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
WHAT YOU WILL DO AT SAPUTO
Opens bulk cheese, places cheese on line, operates cheese cutters and shredders. Packs cases with finished product, and stacks completed cases on pallets, rotating hourly.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- Operates infeed cheese to cheese cutting or shredding department
- Manually feed cheese to conveyor belt to scale and wrapper.
- Fill cases with good packages, either by count or weight, and put filled cases into carton sealers. (6lb, 20lb, 30lb & 40lbs cases).
- Stack completed cases on pallet, making sure current pallet configuration and count as stated on the product template.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment.
- Fill/operate dry ingredient dispensers as needed.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on cheese portioning/shredding department.
- Change tape in carton sealers.
- Report daily production on required forms.
- Return rejected packages from the casing area to packing area, open rejected packages on to line or into trim barrel.
- Maintain good sanitation and housekeeping practices. Complies all quality system and regulatory requirements.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- See Physical Demands for weight requirements
- Requires regular attendance.
- Requires that the work be performed only at the Bardsley site.
- May perform other job duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand instructions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Being able to resolve issues/problems that involve numerous variables in demanding situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to pack and feed at established production standards.
- Must be able to quickly identify packaging flaws.
- Must possess good mechanical skills and good manual dexterity.
- Must be able to operate all related equipment i.e. tumbler, dispensers, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and crawl
- Must be able to work in a cool environment of less than 60 degrees F.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 40lbs. occasionally, must lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to rotate and perform all line attendants' jobs, including knockdown.
- Requires occasional climbing of steps, safety ladders., carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Reliable and consistent attendance and available to work any shift, overtime or holidays as required; may be required to cover the absences of key personnel.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?Relocation Offered
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Environment is occasionally damp and cold. Acid and chlorine chemicals will be used and may emit fumes into the air.
- Floors may be wet and slippery
- Exposed to cool temperatures, noise and dust.
- Continual walking, standing on hand surfaces.
- Continual lifting, manipulation of a wide range of bulk cheese, package, and case sizes and weights.
- Occasional use of hand tools.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov. Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice - California Candidates
This job has expired.
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC ("the Company," "Saputo," "our" or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the "Candidate Portal"). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.