Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
The Late Stage Formulation Group is responsible for development of intended commercial formulations to advance AstraZeneca's late stage biologics portfolio, and the life cycle management of commercialized products. The group plays an integral part in the design and development of patient centric drug products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Support extractables and leachables studies as part of biologics formulation development.
- Work with contract testing laboratories and contribute to implementation of extractables and leachables testing strategy.
- Participate in formulation development activities for late-stage assets.
- Make detailed observations, summarize results in tables and figures, document data into lab notebooks, and analyze data and interpret results
- Present data and results at group and department meetings as well as other internal forums
BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioengineering or a related field.
- Associate Scientist: Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience OR Master's degree with no additional experience.
- Scientist : Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience OR Master's degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with small-molecule analytical techniques for detection, identification, quantitation, and characterization.
- Hands-on experience with gas and liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry.
- High degree of self-motivation and drive for results.
- Prior experience working with proteins, antibody-drug conjugates and/or novel biologic modalities.
- Experience with analytical method validation, formulation and biopharmaceutical development, characterization, control strategy, quality risk management, and/or CMC regulatory guidance and BLA filings is desired.
- Skills leading, planning, and executing complex projects on tight timelines are a plus.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.